By Anonymous - 19/11/2009 16:14 - United States

Today, I took my dog to the vet because he hadn't eaten his food in three days, was drinking a lot of water, and was peeing a lot (all signs of antifreeze poisoning). I spent $200 at the vet to tell me that my dog is fine and just didn't like his current food. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 976
You deserved it 5 529

Same thing different taste

Top comments

happy_ness 0

hey...at least your dog is fine! i'd spend a lot more if it came to my dog's health!

nikki1001 0

That also could have been a sign of diabetes, so you did the right thing!

Comments

yeah, it's lucky the dog's fine, but it still sucks the OP's out $200. that could be a month's groceries, or something equally important.

so what? it happens, it happens with kids, pets, even ourselves, it's a small price we have to pay for taking care of ourselves and the ones we love, sometimes we're sick, sometimes we're not. I still don't understand how this is an FML, would it NOT have been an FML if the dog actually was sick? Come on people!

YDI if you changed the dogs food and didn't think to offer it something else to eat in 3 days.

cavsfan07 0

my dog had all those signs this summer and he's now diabetic. make sure yours isn't.

an FML would be if your dog actually DID have antifreeze poisoning, this is a blessing. I hate it when people complain when things actually turn out well! How much is your dog worth to you? I would give up all of my money to have my dog be alive, be GRATEFUL and quit whining!

The dog being fine is lucky but not a blessing. A blessing would be op NOT having to pay $200 for a vet to tell her that her dog is fine.

If your dog had anti-freeze poisoning, he would be dead. You didn't try something different, food wise?

afternine 0

If you didn't want to throw your money into the garbage, you shouldn't have a useless pet in the first place.

Today, I discovered that I am indeed jewish. FML

Oh, yeah, because Jews are supposed to be cheap, that's right. Either way, that's probably less of an FML than "Today, I discovered that I am indeed an ignorant jerk." You could try that one on for size.

Those "symptoms" are all signs of a lot of things. Kidney issues, for example, which my dog had.

or leukemia! (for cats) my kitten died of leukemia recently. :(

better to be safe than sorry... I wouldve spent $200 in a heartbeat for my puppy if I had to for his health! at least u know for sure he's fine now right? :)

expen_dable 0

by "I would spend $200 in a heartbeat" do you mean "I would go to daddy and totes ask him to take the dog to the vet! lyk OMG i save teh puppy!!"

lol my parents bought my rabbit for me as a birthday present. He cost NZ$40 (US$30 or so). I bought his indoor cage, his hutch, fencing, netting, all his food, litter boxes, litter, treats, toys, his vaccines, his neuter surgery and all the vet bills when he got sick. He's cost me probably almost NZ$1500. In my family we wouldn't ever expect our parents to pay for something except as a birthday or Christmas present, and even those aren't really all that expensive compared to a lot of kids these days.

you spent the money on reassurance, if you didn't do it you would've been in the dark about your dogs health