By unappreciated - 25/06/2009 02:38 - United States

Today, I took my best friend out to dinner for my birthday. She gave me a gift after I paid the tab saying, "my mom thought you would like this - it was expensive." It was a lovely set of origami paper, which was the exact set I brought her as a souvenir from Japan. She was right, it was expensive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 800
You deserved it 2 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Crunchy_fml 0

you should've been like, "this is so cool! I gave you this EXACT set before! ha ha ha what a coincidence!"

Comments

Read closer, it was an exchange between the OP and the friend's mother, not the OP and the friend.

Fail. Read it again. Today, I took my BEST FRIEND out to dinner for my birthday. SHE gave me a gift after I paid the tab SAYING, "my mom thought you.,..." The OPs best friend said that her mother said she thought the OP would like it... The OP was talking to her best friend the whole time. It doesn't even say her best friend's mother was there...

itsgen 16

omg ur friend seems like a cheap skate come on she cant even pay the tab for UR BIRTHDAYY!?! and then she has the nerve to give you something old if shes broke she could of made you dinner or made a gift by hand besides those are the ones filled with sentimental value

Wth?? That makes me so upset. You did not deserve it

how did you respond? i'd be so upset your friend must've thought you have a short span memory or something.

americayay 0

On the bright side, oragami rocks and now you've gotten back that expensive gift you gave to a crappy friend.

mightyb 0

Always gift something you would love to have yourself, if the recipient ever regifts you could be the lucky duck! I love origami and use pathetic scrapbook paper to fold, seems selfish to buy origami paper for myself when it is so expensive, would be one regift I wouldnt mind!

TheAmazing_fml 0

first of all, she a bitch friend for making u pay for dinner on YOUR birthday and shes a ******* **** for regifting. im so srry. fyl and get a new less assish friend.

jewelzgalore 0
americayay 0

And who gives someone a gift and says "It was expensive"?

TheAmazing_fml 0

yea no kidding. lets just brag about how much money we have and tht we spent a lot on ur bday gift!... tht we didnt buy.

I love how people automatically assume you're going to love their gift just cuz it's expensive... I mean, I know most gifts that are expensive ARE better, but still, you can give someone a cheap homemade gift from your heart that will possibly make the recipient feel even more loved and cherished than say, a widescreen TV.

HeyThereGorgeous 0

#12, #13, #16 ... My exact thoughts!! Haha drive her to dinner on her birthday, leave the present on the table, and "go to the bathroom".