By Anonymous - 01/12/2010 14:14

Today, I told my students that I would be taking a few weeks off because a member of my family is very ill. They all cheered. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 481
You deserved it 9 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sammy_Baby 0

You shouldn't take that personal, students are always glad when the teacher is gone because it means less work and less rules (:

4, Maybe if you actually paid attention in class, you'd understand that it's "threw" not "throwed". You learn that in elementary school.

Comments

cupcakeyumzz 0

jeez,what do you do to those kids? O_o

Hey, they need a break from teachers at one point.

agreed. but sounds like OP took it the wrong way and thought they were cheering for the Ill cousin. retard.

SmokingPanda 0

funny cause our teacher told us the same thing and we also cheered

dont take it so personally. that will happen every time in a middle-high school classroom. they werent cheering about your family member being sick, they were happy b/c that means a day off of note-taking and lectures and less hw. my 11th grade class doesnt cheer, we just do a really sarcastic/faked "awww"

Don't take it personal. They were cheering because your going. I'm sure they cared about your family member. Hope everything gets better. :)

IneffableLullaby 13

That's just how children in school act though. Don't take it too harshly -- I'm sure they're just cheering that you're leaving for a few weeks, NOT that your family member is ill. I hope your family member gets better soon.

Im sure they were cheering for the week off. Not the illness. All they heard was "week off" an probably filtered out the reason why.

Have a really strict substitute teacher in your place. Then they'll HAVE to want you back.