By Anonymous - 01/12/2010 14:14

Today, I told my students that I would be taking a few weeks off because a member of my family is very ill. They all cheered. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 481
You deserved it 9 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sammy_Baby 0

You shouldn't take that personal, students are always glad when the teacher is gone because it means less work and less rules (:

4, Maybe if you actually paid attention in class, you'd understand that it's "threw" not "throwed". You learn that in elementary school.

Comments

perdix 29

There are cheering that your family member hangs on just until summer break and drops dead then. Kids today . . .!

either they are very small immature children, or you're a bad teacher.. or both.

sourgirl101 28

That's what people do. I've once dropped a bunch of wine glasses at work and the whole bar clapped and cheered. No one cared that I was hurt (at first). Don't take it personal. In their eyes, it was funny. Hope your family member gets well.

cloudy01 0

Us kids do nasty things. I once made my teachers family members I'll too.

Dude, seriously, I think you'll probably be needing every second of education you can get.

Wow... a lot of assumptions here that the OP is a bad teacher. Interesting though that most of the crappy comments were posted by people with horrible spelling (and not just typos) who don't know anything about syntax or grammar. People tend to be insensitive about anything that don't impact them directly. They don't know your family member, so all they can see is the benefit; in this case getting a sub for a few weeks which kids always think is a good thing. In a way YDI for letting this get to you.

you are either a hateful teacher or you are teaching like elementary school ydi

TheB0a 5

Don't take it as anything personal even if it's a teacher that students favor, no teacher = substitute teacher, which then equals cutting class and other stuff. Nothing against you or your ill family member.

jazzy2588 0

We Tennd To Do That To All The Teacherss..Sorry OP..&& YDi For Beinnq A Teacher.