By BURGERT0WN USA - 10/01/2016 19:46 - United States - Redmond

Today, I texted the girl I'm going to homecoming with in a couple days to say hi. The conversation started OK, but then morphed into her saying that she doesn't feel anything between us, and wants to stop being friends after the dance. I have to buy her dinner and a ticket, out of my own wallet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 335
You deserved it 2 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Or tell her you aren't feeling this dance with her and don't pay for her.

Sorry op, but really you don't have to... Find someone who respects you!

Comments

I'd spend that money on a good pint of beer instead!

Isn't Homecoming a high school thing? In the US, drinking age is 21.

TheMusicLover 16

#31 In Ireland, the drinking age is 18 but at our debs they serve 16 and 17 year olds without ID...

CliffyB03 28

Hey wait a second! I'm from Burgettstown, and I just want you to know that no, you do not have to buy her a damn thing if that's how she's going to treat you. She can go by herself. She can buy her own flowers and ticket, and give herself her own ride. You deserve much more. My prom was ruined, and I don't want yours to be. It's supposed to be a fun night, and I don't want another person to feel as miserable as I did.

I think OP should ask you to go with him so you can make good memories to overwrite your bad prom experience and he'll be going with someone a lot nicer by the sounds of it!

I never said she wasn't a gold digger ...

but she ain't messing with no broke no broke....

leogachi 15

@27 Actually he doesn't even have to do that. He could go alone or decide to not go at all.

and why exactly do you have to pay for her dinner and ticket?? she can go **** herself.

Exactly . Stop payment if you've already paid and tell her you'd rather go alone than go with a pretend friend. F that girl. Besides , if you go without her, you might actually have a much better time.

I would be like **** you bitch I ain't paying for shit

I think this deserves a follow up to answer a few questions. 1. Why do you have to buy her a ticket? 2. Are you able to take someone else instead? 3. Is it possible she is just on some really strong "allergy" medicine? (some people are allergic to being clean and sober)

Now seems like a good time to find a new date.