By BURGERT0WN USA - 10/01/2016 19:46 - United States - Redmond

Today, I texted the girl I'm going to homecoming with in a couple days to say hi. The conversation started OK, but then morphed into her saying that she doesn't feel anything between us, and wants to stop being friends after the dance. I have to buy her dinner and a ticket, out of my own wallet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 335
You deserved it 2 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Or tell her you aren't feeling this dance with her and don't pay for her.

Sorry op, but really you don't have to... Find someone who respects you!

Comments

If she wants to stop being friends after the dance, you should probably just stop being friends before the dance and save some money. Seriously. What's she gonna do. Stop being friends with you because of it?

Britt125 16

Yeah... just don't take her. You don't *have* to, especially for somebody like that. FYL that she's a bitch, but if you buy her ticket and meal that's a choice so just don't.

leagacysgirl 19

YDI. She's not your girlfriend. Yes she was blunt but she doesn't owe you anything. It seems that you were already paying for everything and expected a relationship in return.

I see your point. but I mean...If I were in their position I would kind of assume they had some sort of interest considering they said yes to being my date for something

She doesn't owe him anything just like he doesn't owe her anything. Going to the point of not being friends....AFTER the dance is a bitchy thing to do, she's taking advantage of him to get free food and entrance.

Who said she ows him anything? This seems like he likes her and feels upset because up to the point things were going fine and then this happened. Like the previous response said, asking to stop being friends AFTER the dance just means she's using him, and that's plain bitchy. Get the hell out of here with your feminazi shit.

I would think that most people would at least expect a continued friendship.

you don't HAVE to do anything. trust me. unless you are dating this broad for a good chunk of time you won't even remember her name. if another person who actually respects you can't fill her slot by the dance then just go with a group of friends. but don't ruin your night and waste your money on some rude girl. not worth it imo

disasterlydeed 26

Sounds like someone you're better off not knowing anymore, op. Go solo and treat yourself to dinner! Trust me, that would be much better than spending your money on someone who sounds like she just wants to impress other people and benefit from their validations.

Just don't take her out... Find some real friends to go with you and actually respect you. Or save money by not going...

Soverain 15

In what way are you obligated to take her to homecoming? At least she told you upfront and didn't screw you over afterwards.

Yeah ditch that bitch. Go with friends.

Is this some sort of blind date? Just run. Homecoming dances aren't even all that, you could have a better time with a small group of friends at your place or even a cuddle night with a girl that actually likes you. If you go through with this after what was said, YDI...