By teacher - 07/09/2014 21:05 - United States - Apo

Today, I started my first teaching job ever. As I was teaching, another teacher interrupted my class about 5 times because she thought it was her class. Not only did she ruin my confidence, her behavior caused my students to laugh at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 646
You deserved it 2 967

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No need to worry, just make sure the next day you show you are in control so the students don't take you as a light weight.

drayloon 50

Do you share a room or something? How does a teacher confuse someone else's class for her own?

Comments

Gonna have to get over it and move on, as a teacher if someone disrupting your classroom causes you to lose confidence and students laughing at you upsets you...it's gonna be a long career.

Put a sign on the door; do not open the door if ur a teacher! Put a picture of her under the text, make a red circle around it, and a line diagonal over it... If someone asks blame ur students:) but no names:)

Don't worry OP. When I was in 7th grade we had a new teacher who just became a full time teacher instead of a substitute and my particular class made her cry numerous times. We were all 11/12 years old. Kids are truly evil when they know the teacher can be pushed around. That's why my class didn't act up as badly with the other more experienced teachers. You'll be fine :) don't let the whole situation get to you.

I'd definitely speak with someone higher up & find out if the other teacher is just being an ass or if they have a mental condition such as Alzheimer's...if the first, I'd ask that they be spoken with & told to stop, if the second...well, maybe they need to give that person a TA to follow them around "reminding" them where they ACTUALLY need to be

I'm just confused about how she got confused about the classroom 5 times!!

You should have told her to shut up and let you teach. Sorry for what she's done though.

This is why most teachers put a name sign on their door. Was the first thing my wife did for her class this week. Try that out.

That is my worst fear. Teacher hazing. I want to be a teacher.

Aw. That sucks :( There's always tomorrow!