By Living_Loving - 07/03/2010 01:21 - Australia

Today, I spent the night with my boyfriend as he promised me that his parents and younger brother, who I have yet to meet, were out of town until Tuesday. We were awoken by his mother screaming, telling me that she doesn't want girls in the house corrupting her baby boy. He's 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 706
You deserved it 4 200

Living_Loving tells us more.

Hey OP here, my boyfriend is a full time University student who works three nights a week and is currently trying to pay off his $20,000 degree. Yes it was the first time I had met his mother, and obviously if she was home I wouldn't have stayed over if she didn't want me to. Give me some credit. And oath it was one of the most embarrassing experiences of my life. -.-

Top comments

Doom_Shroom 0

I think people who are criticizing this kid for being 20 and not out of the house yet are being ridiculous. It's really expensive to be able to live on your own and at that age, it's highly unlikely that you will have a job that pays enough to support yourself, especially if you're still studying. >.> Well, it's like that in my country.

snickers: first off no one said anything about sex, and 2nd even if they had sex he has a room. it's not that big of a deal. it's not like they fukced in her bed.

Comments

perdix 29

"You're a little too late for that. I also wish your baby boy hadn't corrupted my anus, but we can't always get what we want, can we, mum?"

Doom_Shroom 0

I think people who are criticizing this kid for being 20 and not out of the house yet are being ridiculous. It's really expensive to be able to live on your own and at that age, it's highly unlikely that you will have a job that pays enough to support yourself, especially if you're still studying. >.> Well, it's like that in my country.

i agree with 69, people expecting people to move out at 20? lol you'd have to be pretty rich or have finished a couple degrees/diplomas to support yourself or have quite a few jobs to pay for rent (or even a whole house) and bills and study fees, car fees etc.... Everyone i know down here wants to stay at their folks houses till at least 22-24 i think anything passed 26 and still living with the folks gets weirder as each year passes.

Rectov 10

You could find cheap enough rent to pay with a job or two. You should work in college anyway, and you can't expect to buy a house outta high school

see my mom is the opposite, lol she would tell me how to please her lol! all my cousins go to my mom for advice, and i think this applies to other latinos also, cuz our parents arent like white parents that dont hit their kids and hide sexual things from them till theyre 40...

It sure does. My parents talk a lot about sex. Slightly uncomfortable at times but better than an up-tight one like the boyfriend's mother. I hope this wasn't the first time the OP met the mom though.

sarcdude 3

@28: I resent that remark, I just turned twenty and live with my mother but I'm getting a college education and my sister did the exact same thing until she could buy a house. I'd rather not throw money in the toilet by getting a temporary apartment when I can do the same as my sister who lived here until she was 26. I think that particular comment was a bit on the shallow side.

boatkicker 4

@25 and 32 Agreed, completely. She's just another commenter. Sometimes she says intelligent or useful things. I might comment on one. Sometimes she says things I disagree with, or something that's unconnected and annoying. I usually ignore those two types of things. RARELY does she say something that's truely offensive (I think I've seen one?) and I usually comment on those too, but its more "Don't be rude" than "You suck!" I do that to most offensive comments that I notice, unless I am sure that it's a troll.... well.... even then I sometimes comment. Mostly though, snicks is no better or worse than any other commenter. She's just more active and therefore more noticeable. The snick hating is really starting to get on my nerves.

Is your boyfriend, by any chance, named Buster Bluth?

philgood25 0

maybe ya shouldn't date a guy that's 20 with his parents wow..