By Ashley - 12/07/2012 00:02 - United States - Bellerose

Today, I spent my entire paycheck on a new summer wardrobe. I then left my shopping bags on the train. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 343
You deserved it 38 253

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You'd think that if you spent all that money on some clothes, you'd be more careful with the bags. YDI

Comments

How were you able to use an ENTIRE paycheck on such luxuries? You don't appear to have your priorities right.

thiscrazything 1

Best not to judge how other people live their lives, she may have worked hard enough in previous weeks to afford this week in clothes. For all we know, OP was wearing old worn out clothes that needed to be replaced. Shame to have left them on the train, but I'm sure every one of us has made stupid mistakes, well at least I know I have...

13, thank you! I was beginning to think there was no hope for the youth of America. Riding the train? Glad you're spending you're Starbucks paycheck on A&F, and not getting a, oh I dunno, car? I make a decent wage and have to budget new shoes in weeks in advance. Stupid house/car/insurance/bills! Like O.M.G.! :)

Getting a car is stupid in New York, especially if OP lives in an apartment. My wife is the only one working right now while I'm finishing school, and we budget her income so that one bi-weekly check goes to bills and the other is pretty much play money. If you don't live above your means it's not hard. That said, it's odd that someone with the means to buy things for themselves would make you lose hope in the youth of America.

I think he was referring to me as an American :|

How were you able to spend an ENTIRE paycheck on such luxuries? You don't appear to have your priorities right.

I guess your summer shopping spree was off the rails.

unknown_user5566 26

YDI for two reasons: 1) You spent an ENTIRE paycheck on clothing. I'm going to assume you are not rich, because if you were, losing the clothes wouldn't be a huge deal. So if my assumption is correct, I'm not sure why you'd spend all of your money at once. Granted, people probably do this more than I realize, I just can't wrap my head around it. I'm too frugal I suppose. 2) Your obvious lack of cognizance for the items you spent your entire paycheck on. I can't imagine being that careless after spending so much money!

GovernorGeneral 8

The human mind is'nt perfect, lady. Things sometimes slip the mind. Happens to everyone. But your first reason is true...

GovernorGeneral 8

Wew. Was wondering why the 'is'nt' looked so weird. Couldnt put a finger on it xD. isn't *

I can admit that I've spent my months pay shopping (granted I don't earn much) but I only did it if I knew I had money saved to get me by til next month. It's possible op lives at home and her parents don't expect her to pay rent so she doesn't have any worries/priorities with money yet! Just throwing it out there. I will admit though, I'm not stupid enough to leave them on the train!

perdix 29

#18, you're first assumption may not be correct. She may not be rich, but she might have blown all her money on clothes as an investment to attract a rich guy and get access to his wealth. It sure beats going across the Hudson River and literally digging for gold in Jersey.

I don't know 74, I think the gold digging builds character. Maybe as a new yorker I'm biased, but lord knows I think some people in NJ could use some character.

MarisaCB 16

I think you guys are over-thinking this. I have a job, but I live with my parents. Literally all my money goes to things like clothes, or to a savings account. So maybe "a whole paycheck" just referred to her spending more at one time than ever. Still though, op is a half-wit for leaving all that on the train. It would either be a lot of bags with lots of stuff, or if the items were more expensive, even dearer to op's heart. So, YDI op. I wish I could have all the clothes on the train...

TheDrifter 23

If op is old enough to have a paycheck she should have been taught monetary priorities by now. While I could certainly afford to spend half my month's pay on clothes, why? There are much more important things to do with much of that money.

Some hobo is gonna look great this summer ;) But seriously, if there's a lost and found, tell em and they might show up.

Mademoiselle_fml 34

Doubt they'll show up there. Nobody ever sends lost items to the lost and found; they just keep them :/ sad but true

Yeah humanity isn't exactly thriving, sadly. I found an iPad in a bathroom during church once. I gave it to lost and found and it returned to it's owner. But that's just me.

perdix 29

#36, a fat dude would turn the clothes in to the lost-and-found. Unless the OP was also fat and was into cross-dressing. #45, iPads can be located remotely, so returning it to its rightful owner doesn't qualify you for sainthood. You simply avoided being next week's sermon on hypocrisy.

Nah I just didn't want someone else to walk off with it. Also I wasn't aiming to score a gold star from Jesus.

Who would spend their ENTIRE paycheck on clothes? I guess OP.

GovernorGeneral 8
Mademoiselle_fml 34

how could you spend so much money and forget your stuff? I for one will buy a bracelet and hold on to it for dear life