By Hue - 07/07/2015 20:43 - United States

Today, I spent more time driving to my vacation spot than actually vacationing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 420
You deserved it 4 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Either super long drive or super short vacation. Either way your life sucks.

A nice long drive can never hurt :) just enjoy your surroundings and make it fun. I love roadtrips

Comments

Coland 19

And that my friends is why I always fly

Either super long drive or super short vacation. Either way your life sucks.

mds9986 24

Sounds more like bad planning on OPs part, unless they hit traffic and that's why it took so long to get there, but that would have been said.

At least you went on vacation at all

Didn't you check the distance before you booked your holiday? Or did something that you had to leave early?

And how long are you on vacation for? At least you get one FML

A nice long drive can never hurt :) just enjoy your surroundings and make it fun. I love roadtrips

I can't stand them, as I get very carsick. Especially with screaming children.

My advice might come across as bizarre but you should learn to appreciate the process of things. For example, I love driving - I would consider it part of the vacation. Just learn to ignore the stress of others (ie traffic) and enjoy being unchained.

Pstraka6 20

A lot of truth to this. I drive from Jackson, Mississippi to Chicago, Illinois a few times due to school and I always find something to look forward going and coming back from there

Agreed! I went to the Maritimes in eastern Canada a long time ago, and the group I was with wanted to do some sight seeing. Being Canada, you drive for a lot longer than the actual touristy things you do. But that drive was way more memorable than what we saw! Good times.

I love driving too, love to road trip places and when not on holiday will sometimes go for a drive with no particular destination, just because.

Sometimes the journey is better than the destination.

this is so true.. and deeper than it seems..

you must have been going to the Jersey shore.

Yeah that would be my first choice too!

can't tell if your being sarcastic, but new jersey has beautiful beaches and unfortunately you can sit in traffic for 2 or 3 hours if you time it wrong.