By anonymous - 26/03/2015 03:43 - United States

Today, I slept through my alarm because it was drowned out by humming. My humming, in my sleep. Even my body is against me waking up on time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 896
You deserved it 2 929

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saffy66 34

I usually set three alarms at 15 minute intervals. I have sabotaged myself by rolling over half asleep and turning off my alarm. Not sure that would have helped the OP though, depending n the type of alarm and the duration of the humming episode.

Vanessa_Leeann26 17

I feel you. I wake up at least 2-3 times throughout the night, yet I most mornings I cannot heard my standard alarm clock or iPhone alarm! Although I can hear if either one of my kids makes a sniffle in the next room! =

Comments

I subconsciously disable the alarm after it wakes me up and resume sleeping. Then when I wake up wayyyyy past the time I was supposed to, I just have a faint memory of turning it off and it is literally the biggest bitch ever xD

This is me. Every morning. My day can't start before 10am apparently.

Put your alarm in another room, hook it up to loud massive speakers and put those in your room. Then you have no choice but to get up and shut it off.

NiceGuysDoWin 21

That's my third alarm of the morning, if I sleep through my cell phone and my standard alarm clock. I have a tv that you can program tines to turn it on and off (god knows why) but I set it to Fox News, at top volume. Have to get out of bed to get rid of the grating sounds of inane stupidity.

Steffi3 40

Maybe your body tried to wake you up by humming even louder than your alarm?

I actually set an alarm for an hour before I actually need to get up, then when time actually comes for me to get up, I'm not in as deep of sleep. maybe it's something you can try.

How did you figure out you were humming if you was sleep?

Lol, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask this xD

there has been a few occasions where i have managed to turn off my alarm in my sleep! maybe get a new alarm clock that would be louder tgan your humming :)

Perhaps try setting multiple alarm clocks? If they go off simultaneously it might be loud enough to wake you.

My alarm ringtone is too annoying to sleep through

Personally I set 5 alarms at one minute intervals on my phone, then one alarm on my alarm clock which I put a few feet away from my bed so I have to get out of bed to turn it off.

I found out I can sleepwalk to turn alarms off. That was fun. I find multiple phone alarms best against my nocturnal brain.

What if the math questions are too difficult?