By gettingacat - 17/12/2009 14:32 - United States

Today, I set up a miniature nativity scene in my apartment. Three hours ago, my dog decided it would be a good idea to eat baby Jesus. Two hours ago, the vet laughed and said not to worry because I would 'have him back in time for Christmas'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 871
You deserved it 5 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In three days he will return to you... where have I read that before?

Comments

XxSlAyNnXx 0

thats ****** up lol, but funny

What will you have back... your dog, or Jesus?

girlindie 0

I don't think that's an FML. Funny though.

zee209 0

How is this an FML? It's funny!

YDI for being offended at that awesome joke, and for making a nativity scene in your house...

Obviously everyone who is saying "YDI for being religious" and crap are all religious themselves. Why else would you celebrate a CHRISTIAN holiday? That is the OP's religion and this is her religion's holiday. Even if it has been commercialized, it doesn't change the fact that IS in fact a Christian holiday. So listen to yourself say "HA HA you're celibrating your religious holiday for what it was intended" and hear just how completely ignorant and stupid you sound. I'm assuming you all hate when people throw their religion in your face. So why would you assume Christians don't mind when you throw your atheism in their faces? you're all douchebags.

Don't get me wrong because I don't feel that they should be saying things like that but there are a lot of reasons people would celebrate Christmas even if they aren't Christian. It could be the fact that maybe their family celebrates it and so as to not upset the family they play along. Then again there is always the fact that Christmas is in actuality a holiday invented to convert people away from Paganism. There is no evidence that Christ was born on December 25 and in fact there is evidence to suggest that he was born in one of the earlier months (One of the Summer Months if you are going by season's in America). Which could mean that people choose to disregard the Christian views for it and go simply on the fact that it's a day when you can give and receive gifts, not have to work (if you have one of those jobs), and there is no school.

I understand what you're saying but some of your facts are wrong. Christmas wasn't made to convert people. Christians needed a day to celibrate the birth of Jesus (and yes they all know it wasn't actually the day he was born) so they picked a pagan holiday to celibrate it on. The reason they picked that holiday is because it was already a well known holiday and wouldn't be hard to get started. I'm pretty sure it was a king that picked that day in the first place. But just b/c it wasn't the actual date Jesus was born doesn't mean it wasn't put in place to celibrate that occasion. So saying "it wasn't the actual day." doesn't really make it any less of a Christian holiday. And yeah people do play along for presents and gifts and stuff. Not all people celibrate it as a Christian holiday but they do need to respect that it is in fact a Christian holiday.

Christmas is a Pagan festival. I should know. My cousin/best friend never shuts up about it, but I agree with her. As she would say, "Christmas isn't a Christian festival, It was a Pagan festival, and the Christians STOLE it." &&, let's face it. She's right. :[ Sorry, but I just don't think that Christians should get all the glory and fame for this holiday, when they weren't even the original people to come up with it. xx

I'm talking about Firesprites comment by the way.

That doesn't make it any less of a Christian holiday.

um...jesus came back on easter. unless your dog is gonna give birth to him on christmas, this post is retarded

SupaSwaggin 0

lol at your name "gettingacat"