By Anonymous - 04/06/2012 18:21 - United States - Hollandale

Today, I saw a text message on my husband's phone from a "Candice", asking him if he and his wife are still separated, followed by an invitation to spend the night. I never knew we were separated in the first place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 420
You deserved it 2 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well now you are... Take him for all he's worth!

Dump his ass. Once a cheater, always a cheater, and they are never worth it.

Comments

I find cheating to be sad. If you're not committed to one person, don't be in a relationship. Simple.

I agree with you. I feel like these days, people are so ADHD with 'upgrading'--iPhones and iPads and cars and houses-- that people are so quick to upgrade SO's and spouses when they can. If you're having a ton of sex with different people and you like it, don't even try to get married. You think a piece of paper and a ring will make you keep it in your pants? Eh...stay single and save yourself the divorce fees and the alimony payments. I feel the only way to 100% not get cheated on is to find a socially awkward hermit who is blind and unaware of how attractive they are, who, because of a strict religion that instills a fear of genital mutilation if one commits infidelity, will not dare to even think of cheating. Anyone know any of those?

Llamacod 11

ADHD with upgrading? what does that even mean?

Redneck17 8

Definitely agree! It's easier to break up with someone than to sneak around behind their back. If you're cheating, you obviously don't care about their feelings in the first place, so it shouldn't be that hard to break up with them!

22cute 17

Agreed, but the reason cheaters get married is for security. They are afraid of being alone with their despicable selves.

It might be a good idea to gently confront him about it before going off on him

unknown_user5566 26

It might've been a good idea for the husband to tell OP he wanted a separation, too. If he can't be bothered to share that type of information, OP is entitled to approach it however she wants, in my opinion.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

34 is right, in my opinion. He wasn't gentle with her, why should she be gentle with him? She needs to drop him. Cheaters don't change.

You (the replies) are assuming the husband was actually cheating, and that it's not a) a wrong number, or b) a misunderstanding of some sort. If she "goes off on him", and so colossally ***** up the marriage that it can't be repaired, then that's HER fault, not his. And she will deserve it. If she confronts him gently and maturely, and finds out one way or the other what's actually going on ... and it really is what it appears to be, THEN she should go off on him. Not before. Only a dumb-ass goes ballistic without all of the information.

Llamacod 11

unfortunately this world is full of dumbasses

Yeah because a random person is going to send a text like that, and just coincidently the guy was married? We can all bet that the husband is cheating. Obviously, she came to fml first (just going to assume that from the wording) so most likely she is contemplating what to do and wanted feedback. She clearly thinks he's cheating too.

Llamacod 11

yea, true, surely the odds of a married man getting a strange text is astronomical. before you do anything rash op have your husband but a lottery ticket

unknown_user5566 26

108- My reason for assuming that the husband is cheating is that the husband had this girl's number saved. Albeit that is circumstantial evidence, but it's not an unreasonable conclusion.

#111, #113, #118 -- you've never sent a txt to the wrong person? How many FML's on here are posted about "sent a text to the wrong person/people ...". Like "sexted my mom on accident" or "sexted everyone in my address book". I've seen both of those here. Hell, I've even seen "my sibling sent a fake text to so-and-so". Any of those 3 explanations are reasonable for this situation. Or, his name is "Bill" and she sent it to the wrong "Bill." I didn't say the husband doesn't know Candace, I said Candace may have sent the text to the wrong person. She could be one of his coworkers, and one of the above scenarios may have been what happened. For the OP to ruin her marriage without finding out what really happened is just stupid on the OP's part (if that's what she does/did). (nor am I in any way excusing the husband if he actually did/is cheating, I'm just saying: from what has been posted so far, there's absolutely nothing conclusive, just a possible mistaken text message, and a lot of conjecture from people who aren't even IN the situation)

unknown_user5566 26

123- Of course I've sent texts to the wrong people. However, with a text like that, I'd reply right away saying "Sorry! Wrong person!" (not saying Candice didn't do that after OP posted the FML). I was just explaining how I formed my own personal opinion. :)

thatoneguy79 10

13) Your suggestion is something adults in an adult relationship would do.

Of course that will jus give him an opportunity to make up a story n lie..

A wrong number shows up as a number, for a name to show, you have to input it in your phone.

Sounds like your first separation is gonna be his second. Hope Candice is worth throwing away a marriage.

Aspen_Grace33 27

Wow, sorry OP. It's never easy to find out your spouse is cheating on you, but better to find out now than have wasted more and more time with him.

Alex1014 0

Better start thinking about it now..

rebeccac3 5

U better take him to the cleaners. And change her number in his phone! So he thinks she blew him off!

Omg that site exists?!?! Ideas are brewing. Jkjk...

kandi_kid69 15

This is one of the few cases where divorce would be an acceptable action to consider.

Llamacod 11

unless you're catholic, then there are no such things as divorces( except in special circumstances)

Yes, and then there are the extreme Catholics who think that any type of divorce is a sin, even if abuse is the reason for separation.

thatoneguy79 10

Divorce for receiving a text message? Wow, the 'sanctity of marriage' is not what I thought it was. Guess I will need to terminate my phone plan before I get married.

kandi_kid69 15

94-I'm Catholic and I believe that divorce is acceptable whenever. 145- No, not just for receiving a text message. Divorce because OPs husband told another woman that they were separated and is probably having sex with that woman as well.

graphicstyle7 17

You're very out of touch if you think this is not good evidence of cheating. My advice to this person is collect evidence and LEAVE. He's the one who broke the vow first