By BloodFaerie - 30/06/2012 06:49 - United States - Cleveland

Today, I saw a large spider carry away the body of a dead spider in the bathroom. In my anthropology class, we learned one of the first signs of civilization is caring for the dead. First, they become civilized, and next, they take over. I will never sleep again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 340
You deserved it 4 442

BloodFaerie tells us more.

OP here and I find it really funny that the people without a frickin' sense of humour are calling *me* stupid. (Not to mention when said assholes appear to be illiterate...) Yes, I know it is probably going to eat it - seeing as next time I went in there the spider had gotten smart enough to stop and wrap up its dinner to make it easier to carry, lol. (Problem solving abilities now? hmmmmmm lol) And, let's see... I was obviously in college at one point, so I would hope some of you would realize that means I'm educated. Please learn to take a joke. I'm just happy I finally got an FML accepted. And, of all of them it was a joke about one spider carrying off a "wounded comrade". And I saw someone did allude to the fact I must have left the dead one as a warning to the others. Muahahahahaha. *AND* maaaaybe this was a carefully staged display on their part to turn the tables and send *ME* a warning that they won't be dealt with so easily - that there are always MORE. *shudders* Finally, the reason there are so many spiders? I live in the basement of this house out in rural North Georgia and this scene took place in the bathroom in the back corner of said basement. So... the spiders love it there.

Top comments

Redoxx_fml 22

Spiderman spiderman friendly neighborhood spiderman

Comments

missteacher0107 3

You realize the spider is going to eat the other one right? Not care for it.

Forget Anthropology and take a Biology class genius, it was going to eat it not burry and hold a funeral service for it!

Picolli 6

Hahah that would be hilarious, today we remember Marie the spider, loving mother of Sam the spider, Tina the spider, Nik the spider, Harry the spider, Fiona the spider , Justine the spider, Michael the V the spider, Shaun the spider, Spence the spider , Bella the spider, Harold the spider, Tammy the spider, Emma the spider, Daniel the spider, Hakan the spider (apparently she was Swedish ) Alana the spider, Andrew the spider...... I'm getting tired the fact is the bitch had a lot of kids.

^ That was great. I think it brought a tear to my eye.

Thank you for sharing this special moment with us on the world wide web.

Arachnology is the study of spiders. Anthroplogy is the study of humans.

mishkaroni 15

#215- but the OP was in anthropology class learning about civilizations, not spiders. OP was using something they learned about civilization from said class to make a point about their fear of spiders, mistakening a spided carrying a meal off with a spider carrying for a fallen comrade.

wannabemisanthrope 2

It's probably planning on eating the dead spider

foreverboredZ 4

Dude, sometimes spiders eat smaller spiders....... therefore, the dead is not being cared for, but being some other spider's lunch.

Anthropology - is the study of human beings anthro means human.

Not if you take it at greendale community college.(community fans?)

You have earned my eternal respect and admiration.

I know it was probably going to eat that spider, but just in case, I'm readying myself for the spider revolution.

mohawkbear 5

He wasn't caring for it, he's a predator. He had probably just killed it and was carrying it to his web to make dinner out of it!

spiders either hunt or have webs not both

Spiders are cannibalistic, she was eating it. My pet tarantula does the same thing if another spider gets in her cage.

This comment made my eye twitch for a good half hour omg

45 - even though you replied 15 mins after it was posted?