By Anonymous - 30/06/2009 18:57 - Canada

Today, I saw a drunk guy hitting on a girl sitting alone at the bar. She insisted that her boyfriend was there, but he didn't relent. So I went over and put my arm around her and asked "Who's this guy?" He walked away, but then I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was her boyfriend. He broke my arm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 84 635
You deserved it 13 125

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Aw, you probably shouldn't have put your arm around her.

Dude, the girl can't take care of herself?

Youre_not_sorry7 2

kinda reminds me of in Hitch when will smith did that to save eva mendes from tht chip character...only will obv got the girl bcuz its the movies and you got a broken arm lol

While the boyfriend's reaction was entirely unnecessary, why did you touch her? That is creepy by itself.

He was pretending to be her boyfriend because she was alone and being hit on unwantedly by a drunk creeper who couldn't take a hint. He was doing it to help her out. :/

Obviously the OP was pretending to be the boyfriend but i have to agree that putting his arm around the girl was totally unnecessary. As the boyfriend i'd be pissed too. For all we know, the OP was making a move off of the drunk guy's move. For all we know, he paid the drunk guy. Just saying. >.>

#46, I applaud you for making such type of connections, but then I take that applause back and break your arm for even thinking about such an illogical situation. Do us a favor, and your family a favor by not having such a huge imagination about situations like this.

He probably thought you were the guy's friend and you two were ganging up on her. If I was in a situation where I might get raped, I'd want my boyfriend to start breaking arms.

lyndis_fml 0

Dude, the dumb bitch was in public. She was not going to get raped. And why she was incapable of just walking away from the guy who was hitting on her, I do not know.

It's very easy to get raped in public. If it was two men together, they could've easily grabbed her and taken her out of the bar, and most people would have been too scared to help. If my scenario was in fact the case, at the most, someone would have called the cops. She would've been raped by the time they got there. Also, notice how it says "the" bar, and not "a" bar. I'm guessing this happened at a club. Therefore, it would have been loud and crowded. She was probably waiting for her boyfriend and didn't want to get lost in the crowd before he got back. That would also explain why it wasn't immediately obvious the OP was trying to help.

MessyPaint 0

Break arms first, ask questions later, ftw. Putting your arm around someone =/= dragging them out of a bar :P

People saying it's creepy that he touched her can go **** themselves, the PC pricks. It was a good thing to do in order to stop some drunken dick to stop pestering the woman, it's just unfortunate that it ended that way.

Actually it IS creepy. And think about this (if the story is true) - why didn't the girl just tell her BF that this guy was trying to "protect" her? Even SHE must have thought it was creepy, or else she would have told her bf NOT to break his arm.

I don't think her bf actually tried to find out the story... It probably played out more like this: drunk guy flirts-->OP puts arm around girl-->BF comes, sees OP with hand around his girl-->taps OP on the shoulder-->OP turns around-->BF breaks OP's arm. That's how i imagined it, anyways.

i don't even think it's got anything to do with pc, it's just common sense that that's what was needed to be convincing as her bf. It just seems really stupid for someone to be so rash like that.

towell777 0

I thought that all canadians were nice

Well, just like every country, we have our share of assholes. :p

dude FYL I would have been so greatful if I were him