By "mbrider" - 12/08/2017 16:00

Today, I saved a woman from drowning at a pool where I lifeguard, but when I got her out of the water she started screaming about sexual assault. Apparently I accidentally brushed her breasts when pulling her up and out of the water. She wants to sue me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 878
You deserved it 268

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sketckgamer13 8

man that is bad if a lifegaurd was saving me from drowning i would have the common sense to know that brushing my breast would be a accident and i would be worrying more about getting saved

Slightly off topic, and maybe I'm just being thick here, but I've never understood why people who can't swim well enough to not drown in a swimming pool go to swimming pools in the first place. Especially grown adults who should know better.

Comments

sketckgamer13 8

man that is bad if a lifegaurd was saving me from drowning i would have the common sense to know that brushing my breast would be a accident and i would be worrying more about getting saved

Zachary8261 28

If she does do it, .it'll get thrown out quickly.

Slightly off topic, and maybe I'm just being thick here, but I've never understood why people who can't swim well enough to not drown in a swimming pool go to swimming pools in the first place. Especially grown adults who should know better.

Sometimes things happen that they can't help. When I was little, my brother and I went to the pool all the time, and we were decent swimmers for our age. My brother had had an asthma attack the night before one day we went, and when he jumped off the diving board, it kinda hit him again and he started to drown cuz he was panicking. He had been swimming the whole summer no problem, but his lungs were still a little weak and he didn't realize it. Of course, the lifeguard got mad at my mom because he "couldn't swim" and therefore "shouldn't be jumping off the diving board," but shit happens.

tibtak01 8

I can't swim, but I still go to the public pool. I'm just smart enough to only go to where my feet can still touch the bottom, and after I doggy paddle my way to the side, hold onto them to rest before swimming/paddling another lap.

No matter how good someone can be at swimming, accidents can occur where you accidentally pull something and it causes you to drown since you can no longer float or swim properly. I work in ED and have had people come in from drowning before, despite knowing how to swim. As someone who can swim, I have to say anything is possible in the water.

She should be glad that OP didn't knock her out like they get taught to in the Coast Guard. Chances are that any charges will be dismissed, though I guess OP's boss might fire them or transfer them for a while if the lady is complaining about the event a lot.

really_dad? 14

Coast guards are taught what?

Coast guards are (or maybe were) taught how to knock out people they are trying to rescue if the person is struggling, because otherwise they can drown the coast guard trying to climb onto them. And since people who are drowning aren't usually up to listening to reason, knocking them out is the best way to handle it.

Navy still does the same thing. it's only when you have a hold of them though, if they're struggling before you grasp them then you just wait behind them till they tire out

How exactly were you to "knock them out" did you slip drops in their water.

To "knock [someone] out" means to punch them in a way that results in unconsciousness. There is a spot on the jaw that is supposed to make it easier.

jgiles09 17

dumb bitch you shouldve let her drown- ok maybe not but hopefully it doesn't go any further

ohsnapword 21

That's when you throw her back in the water, I would expect her case to get thrown out immediately, but given the stupidity that is rampant in this country, I am not so confident.

Countersue her for defamation. She’ll settle. Maybe she’ll let you squeeze her boobs on purpose.

She sounds like a self centered bitch who's flattering herself way too much.