By Cygnus - 03/08/2015 14:14 - United States - Ruthven

Today, I responded to an argument with my girlfriend by only using comebacks she'd used in previous arguments. I'm single now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 791
You deserved it 11 333

Same thing different taste

Comments

PANDORUM89 21

why is it that if someone chooses to not argue like a child they are being a pushover? Repeating what someone regardless of the gender during an argument to "prove a point" is immature. an argument is NOT the correct time to point out something that irritates you about the other person. talk it out like damn adults.

You can't fix a current argument by dragging up a past argument. Regardless of what point he was trying to prove the OP was an idiot in this case. I'm sorry but he was. If he has a problem with the way she argues then he should talk to her about that when they are calmer and in a more reasonable mind set. He should not wait until the next time that they are both worked up and upset then start doing the things that she does that annoy him just so that he can essentially go "THERE HOW DO YOU LIKE IT!". That's not going to solve anything. If it pissed him off why wouldn't it piss her off? If he knows it pisses him off why would he expect it to make the current argument any better. Plus there is a good chance that all those comebacks that he gets annoyed with her using have been used by himself at one point or another in different arguments already and he just doesn't realize it because he was the one doing it. The worst thing with argument is that when they get heated you can start saying or doing stupid shit and not really realize it without someone pointing it out. That's why the proper thing to do would be to wait until calmer heads have prevailed and then talk about it not wait until anger flares again.

Plus you don't know that she was trying to be a bitch to him. For all you know the OP was the one being the bitch this time and his "using comebacks against her" was actually just his equivalent of covering his ears and yelling LALALALALALA while she was trying to have a valid discussion with him.

Giving a taste of their own medicine backfired... But it's a rule that your girlfriend always wins...

that's what you get for trying to be a gender bender

I don't understand why after knowing that what she said angered/antagonised/upset you, you would then do the exact same thing and not expect a response. Bringing up the past is never a good idea when arguing it just stops anything being accomplished. Still I'm sorry about your relationship, better luck in the future.

Yeah it could have angered him, but he didn't break up with her when she did it to him. She over reacted big time

mariathehoe 15

I can't imagine how you felt when she told you those things, must have been pretty bad.

No one, no one at all, likes having the mirror turned on them. I'd say YDI but I think you benefitted from cutting loose an immature twat.

You should know by now that most women are unreasonable and immature. You literally can't win. Thank you feminism. Oh, and if you give this downvotes, you are probably one of those people.

leogachi 15

@57 Your comment is very manipulative. It basically says that if I disagree with you, then I'm probably an unreasonable and immature person. That's not a reasonable and mature response.

Just goes to show you that with some women it's a one way street. Don't worry OP you'll find someone better hopefully!

jezka374 15