By Cygnus - 03/08/2015 14:14 - United States - Ruthven

Today, I responded to an argument with my girlfriend by only using comebacks she'd used in previous arguments. I'm single now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 791
You deserved it 11 333

Same thing different taste

Comments

You could've been the mature one and just stopped arguing with her and let her cool off... Just a thought..

I hate it when someone just walks away from an argument and ignores you so you can "cool off" I'd rather they sit there and talk it out until the issue is resolved. They're welcome to yell if they need to but I'd rather get it all out in the open than ignore the problem until it goes away. Besides you can't tell a woman to "chill" or "cool off" it gets us more pissed. Some of us anyway.

I'd rather walk away and let things cool off before I say things I don't mean... Not make a big deal when we're pissed off. Then once things calm down, talk it out..

tantanpanda 26

^in the real world, that doesn't work. If you walked away during an argument, the other person will get more pissed at you. Best to deal with it right then and there.

I love in the real world and that's what I do... Believe it or not it's actually worked out for me. I hate fighting so that's the best thing for me to do.

It's worked for you cause of the people you were with. But other people (myself included) consider it to be incredibly selfish. If you get me angry and then walk off cause you only care about your emotions or can't control yourself when angry then it's dumping time.

She wasn't worth it then OP. Sorry but it sounds for the best.

Agreed with #9. I tried pulling this stunt like OP did. Bitches be crazy sometimes. OP... What makes you think using the same arguments back at her (you know the ones that made you angry in the original arguments, which were obvious bitchy responses designed to provoke anger from you!) in future arguments are a good idea? Rookie mistake. Future Lesson: If you don't assert yourself in the beginning of the relationship, you'll be wound on her fingers for the rest b

Haha, when my husband does that it actually makes us both stop and laugh. It's a smooth way on his part to get me to smile and shut up.

>Implying most women are reasonable/logical when arguing. Rookie mistake, friend. But FYL

count your blessing.. when it comes to an end my friend, anything and everything becomes an escape plan.

For me, using generic "comebacks" or witty/nasty comments of any kind is always a no-no when it comes to arguing with my boyfriend. It just turns what should be a civilized discussion into something childish and unnecessarily aggressive.

Hence the reason why the bitch can't even handle her own stupid arguments in the first place. OP is better off.