By CrappyCar - 14/05/2013 05:29 - United States

Today, I received a notice that if I don't move the abandoned vehicle from outside my house it will be repossessed at my expense. My car isn't abandoned. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 889
You deserved it 4 243

Same thing different taste

Top comments

morganrules123 10

As long as you have valid license plates on it, they can't say it's abandoned.

Comments

heylesha 8

Why do i feel that this isn't because the car looks shitty but because She doesn't go anywhere. If a car remains in the same space for too long thats why people could think its abandoned. OP just start moving your car around every other day or so. :-)

I drive my car to work everyday, so it gets enough use. It just looks like crap.

It just means you don't get out enough or you're not out long enough for them to notice you're gone.

sugarshane007 20

Jusf move the rustbucket around where there is clear proof it has been moved, and don't park it in the same spot. Eyesore or not, as long as the car is in current use, and all tags and plates are current, then they can do nothing. Laws only protect them with abandoned and illegal cars. As long as it's legal, they can't do crap, as it's personal property, not part of any HOA or apartment organization.

hooligyn123 18

Actually HOA's can cite you for 'eyesores' even if it is personal property items

Smoothjc1 6

Whats a HOA ? And why would anyone join one, If your'e not in one tell them to F off, now if's it a township/county entity telling you, as long as you have everything payed off/up to date tell them to F off too.

lorraineald 7

HOA is the home owners association which some neighborhoods posses. Basically a group of elitist bitches who whenever your grass isn't perfectly kept or your car isn't parked right then they can threaten you with fines.

Also 31--you don't really "join" an HOA. Certain areas have HOA fees that are mandatory; if you want to live in that location (whether it be a condo or a subdivision), you have abide by the HOA rules and pay the HOA fees. These fees go toward things like maintenance if there's a community pool or playground, maybe updating sidewalks, etc. Many of them have very strict rules. One near where I live has a rule that cars must be parked in garages & garage doors have to stay closed. Rules like those could have to do with this FML.

Tell them that your car is vintage. It's a collector's edition.

pastispast 7
perdix 29

Maybe you ought to prop it up on your lawn with really pimped-out cinder blocks.

sugarshane007 20

If they aren't bedazzled, then you're doing it wrong.

perdix 29

#22, the ones I'm jonesing for are bedazzled, bejeweled and googly-eyed ;) I've got a Gucci tarp and Louis Vuitton duct tape for the windows.

lorraineald 7

Don't forget about the Chanel #22 aroma of cat piss and old water.

zombieslayer83 19

Call them and tell them It's not abandoned, because a pack of homeless people live in it.

Call dirty Mike and the boys and have them pimp your ride.

"It looks like Scarface sneezed on your car! "

My neighbor had this problem. Another neighbor(read bitch) called the city claiming that his van was abandoned. He was out of work and the van stayed in the same location for a few weeks. If the vehicle doesn't move from its spot on the street every 14 days it can considered abandoned. You'll have to move it every week or so to avoid the issue.