By trooper93 - 18/01/2010 06:36 - Canada

Today, I received a letter saying that I was accepted into university and that I qualified for a number of scholarships. Too bad an equivalent sum of money will be spent fixing the car I hit, after spinning out on ice, whilst driving home from said university. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 940
You deserved it 4 857

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your life is ****** because the amount of money you have stayed exactly the same?

Comments

Kylias 6

Well, if anything else at least you don't have to pay double?

that_guy321 2

that's what i was thinking. his life is fuc*ed because he doesn't have to pay both for college and his car?

livlivliv 0

agreed with 11 congrats on the scholarship. look on the bright side,

eatsh1t 0

9 - you're retarded, that's the dumbest shit I ever heard. the weather didn't cause it. dumb drivers cause accidents. and you have insurance so you dont pay out of pocket except for deductable. OP - you musta smashed that car good to cost that much. YDI for not having proper insurance. it's better to only pay $250-500 than cost of repairs. $0 deductible is awesome :-)

Even great drivers get into accidents because of the weather. Ice is ice. You can only try to stop. So, T yes, weather can cause accidents. And with the insurance...you only pay the deductible if you have full coverage. OP may have had only liability.

depends. Maybe OP was driving like a maniac because he thought having an SUV meant he didn't need to be careful on ice.

Your life is ****** because the amount of money you have stayed exactly the same?

umm. who pays out of pocket for college nowadays??? anyone else hear of financial aid?

You used whilst correctly, so you're good.

This sounds familiar. You in Calgary? Hit a blue mazda??

haha nah it was a suzuki. did someone pull a hit+run on you? that sucks

guckylynn 19

Well at least you have the scholarships to cover the school part. Now you should have an easier time paying for the car since you only have to pay one. Also, some insurances don't cover certain types of accidents, so therefore even if OP has insurance it might not help.

it would suck if you got into another wreck after you paid it off.

watchforzombies 0

Sorry that you got into an accident, but I think you're overexaggerating. By law you have to have coverage for damage done to another car, so you're all set. The only thing that you're going to have pay for is whatever surcharge points you now have on your record. And if you just got accepted into a college, then you probably can't bring your car with you to college anyway...

How can you "overexaggerate". Wouldn't that just be exaggerating?