This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Moosie - 01/06/2017 13:53

Today, I have a crush on my 22-year-old coworker. A really bad one. I'm 59. How did this happen? FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 982
You deserved it 2 169

Moosie11 tells us more.

Moosie11 17

How great it was to read ( most ) of the responses. Because of the situation I can't tell anyone but really needed some feedback. Glad I remembered this site, I was going nuts.

Top comments

It's legal. These things happen. As always with these FML's more information is always needed when it comes to making an informed comment :) I've had the opposite for the last few years. Fancying a much older women. You never know who you're going to crush on I guess.

sexualchoclate 3

Comments

thunderniron 22

It's called midlife crisis. DON'T act on it, it'll pass.

You know what is weird? I, too, have a crush on former co-worker that is the same age as your crush. Unfortunately, he moved on to bigger and better things. Sigh, I can dream.

Talis99 26

It can happen. Don't feel bad about yourself for it. Altho, some things: if you and/or that person is in a relationship, be strong and don't make a move. No need to ruin relationships for something you don't know would work out. It may be only infatuation after all, and you are old enough to know that's not the same thing as something that will last, like love. If neither of you is in a relationship (or anything else like being boss/employee), why not go for it? See how they feel. Don't they say you come to regret more shay you didn't do than what you did?

Age differences aside you said you're married. Might want to try either single or couples counseling.

Moosie11 17

Geez, it's a crush. I find him attractive in a way that's deeper than the other younger coworkers that come along. Attractive not just in body but in mind. But I still love my husband, have been married 30 yrs. I don't plan to screw that up for a passing fancy. I've had crushes before. Just not for many many years so this one caught me off guard with its appearance and intensity and I needed some feedback. Thanks for yours. If and when I think I need counseling, I'll get it.

How did this happen? You're human, that's how. You're a heterosexual woman, and you will find men besides your husband attractive (just as he probably finds other women attractive). Depending on how closely you work with him, try not to let it affect your interactions with him too much. You'll get over it eventually.

My guess is you are under stimulated at work and your mind wanders in search of other.. stimulation. Something as exciting and thrilling as crushing on a younger man must be hard to shake off. There's no need to worry, if your marriage is truly that happy then you'll soon get bored of this crush, without whatever it is you have with your spouse it will start to feel empty and fizzle out. Replay whatever sordid scenarios you're thinking of however many times you want in your head, let it run its course, maintain a friendly and professional relationship with this dude and you'll be just fine.

tibtak01 8

Le cœur à ses raisons que la Raison ignore - French proverb

newgirl22 9

why does everyone assume OP is a guy.... they are wrong

Denny1988 19

well you need to tell us more, what kind of work do you do, are you his senior, in terms of hierarchy. And what is it about this guy that has you crushing on him

Moosie11 17

I have a very stimulating and stressful job that requires physical and mental stamina and great focus. I am not his senior per se, I just have more experience on the job and he is new, still needs advice, but is his own decision maker within our company's guidelines. I am attracted to him because he is the type I have always been attracted to- smart, funny, nice body, very mature, caring, considerate, handsome, and super confident.