This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Moosie - 01/06/2017 13:53

Today, I have a crush on my 22-year-old coworker. A really bad one. I'm 59. How did this happen? FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 982
You deserved it 2 169

Moosie11 tells us more.

Moosie11 17

How great it was to read ( most ) of the responses. Because of the situation I can't tell anyone but really needed some feedback. Glad I remembered this site, I was going nuts.

Top comments

It's legal. These things happen. As always with these FML's more information is always needed when it comes to making an informed comment :) I've had the opposite for the last few years. Fancying a much older women. You never know who you're going to crush on I guess.

sexualchoclate 3

Comments

Absolutely nothing wrong with this, in my opinion. Being 59 doesn't somehow exempt you from infatuation and crushes. If anything, it makes me feel happy for you that somebody can still conjure up those feelings in you. :)

That is kinda sweet. Nothing wrong with that although even if your crush also has a crush on you, I wouldn't advice hooking up as you work together. Work romances never seem to end well and it is awkward for both parties.

young_stud 14

That's rather natural. Guys of all ages are attracted young, beautiful women. What is so unique about this situation that you had to post about it?

Moosie11 17

And married...happily. Thought I was done with crushes! Never acted on one.

WeirdUS 29

It's kinda creepy to be attracted to someone young enough to be your kid. Or old enough to be your parent. Yes it is legal, but that doesn't make it any less weird. Never known anyone that was that didn't have daddy/mommy issues.

Moosie11 17

curious, how many have you known? Nice cats, I have a Maine Coon also.

WeirdUS 29

Quite a few few of my friends that dated with a large age gap and it was always a thing. Not saying that's everyone or applies to everyone. However, it's always been a thing in that case. If someone can make it work kudos to them. Not my cat in my pic, my actual cat is an exotic short hair tabby. Though he does have the M on his forehead.

Hi, my name is Andie. Congratulations. now you know someone who has had long term relationships with people older than me that did not, in fact, have "mommy/ Daddy" issues. I dated someone 23 years older than me for 8 years, and it was great- we are still friends. We broke up because I wanted to have a family, and he didn't. It's a thing. it happens. it can totally work. It sounds like OP has no intention of acting on it, being happily married- but jumping to the conclusion that it's "creepy" or "weird" is pretty short sighted.

Midlife crisis? It happens. My cousin married a guy >12years her senior :)

Because you are horny, and there's no reason why something that your lady parts tingle 40 years ago, wouldn't tingle your lady parts now

Moosie11 17

Greg, having a crush on a high-school guy during your teenage years is one thing; doing likewise in your 50's is called being (legally) a pedophile - not to mention that also the age of a proverbial grandson.... :-(

That is 100% not the legal definition (or dictionary definition, or any definition) of pedophilia.

Yea, your assessment about this being "100% the legal definition of pedophilia" is 100% wrong. "Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2] Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13" Op is obviously not "Primary or exclusively attracted" , and the man she has a crush on is 22, and definitely not a child. He is legally, physically, and mentally an adult.

Moosie11 17

he's not in high school. he's a college grad

Interesting how so many people are assuming that OP is a man

My first immediate thought as well. I think it's because older men are more often forward when it comes to making advances on younger women. Especially if you're a girl around that age that works retail/any kind of hospitality job like I do, I can GUARANTEE you've probably experienced this at least once.

ulissey 22

Most crushes don't make much sense, that's precisely why they are called crushes. I see that , and I also hear about men's midlife crisis all the time. Welcome to everybody's world, buddy

ulissey 22

Woops. Well, it also works for women's midlife crisis. Same difference.

It's very common. As long as they're 18 and older nothing is wrong

dharmaint, it kinda IS wrong since OP is a faithful wife....

It's wrong to have a crush on someone other than your spouse, even if you don't act on it? That might be your definition of "wrong", but it is science's definition of "normal'. You and science can go work that one out on your own.

It's wrong to have a crush on someone other than your spouse, even if you don't act on it? That might be your definition of "wrong", but it is science's definition of "normal'. You and science can go work that one out on your own.

Moosie11 17

How great it was to read ( most ) of the responses. Because of the situation I can't tell anyone but really needed some feedback. Glad I remembered this site, I was going nuts.