By I_Am_The_Cold - 02/12/2015 09:00 - Canada - Maple Ridge

Today, I realized how much of an invisible artist I am when I got a little excited when someone stole my art. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 708
You deserved it 1 996

I_Am_The_Cold tells us more.

Original Poster here. I made an account a long time ago and used this bad occurrence as a last ditch effort to get an FML up. I gave up on my account and posted anonymously, so, here I am. Yes, some fool stole my art and posted it to their site claiming it as their own. I got a bit excited that someone liked my art enough to do SOMETHING with it, but then a few minutes later, the logic set in. It's down now, thankfully.

Top comments

Don't worry OP. At least someone found it valuable if they wanted to steal it!

Psycocharger 19

That obviously means it's awesome art, maybe they'll try to resell it ;)

Comments

Well congratulations on finding out that you're art work was of quality and was recognized unfortunately it was recognized by someone of unsavory character.

Dont worry artistic career paths are harder than any other to pursue but you get to do what you love and it usually works out for the better

Not really.. Maybe a bit of an uplifter, but it is in not shape or form a compliment. It's disrespectful, rude, selfish, and terrible.

Yeah, and so is rape. Isn't your body beautiful?

Yeah i no longer feel any sympathy for you OP :/

I was. I may be blunt, but that comment was indeed sarcastic.

Why art majors are inferior(assuming that you are an art major). It is really hard to make consistent income...

I'm a hobbyist. I draw for fun, but I'm still proud of my work.

it's ok. I'm an unknown artist as well. art thieves are the worst though. don't let them get away with it!

I'm a writer, and the first time someone plagiarizes your work, I think it's normal to be at least a little happy about it. After that, you just get annoyed and angry.

Original Poster here. I made an account a long time ago and used this bad occurrence as a last ditch effort to get an FML up. I gave up on my account and posted anonymously, so, here I am. Yes, some fool stole my art and posted it to their site claiming it as their own. I got a bit excited that someone liked my art enough to do SOMETHING with it, but then a few minutes later, the logic set in. It's down now, thankfully.

That sucks that they were trying to pass it off as their own though.

Quick question, what site do you post to? And which did he post to?