By I_Am_The_Cold - 02/12/2015 09:00 - Canada - Maple Ridge

Today, I realized how much of an invisible artist I am when I got a little excited when someone stole my art. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 708
You deserved it 1 996

I_Am_The_Cold tells us more.

Original Poster here. I made an account a long time ago and used this bad occurrence as a last ditch effort to get an FML up. I gave up on my account and posted anonymously, so, here I am. Yes, some fool stole my art and posted it to their site claiming it as their own. I got a bit excited that someone liked my art enough to do SOMETHING with it, but then a few minutes later, the logic set in. It's down now, thankfully.

Top comments

Don't worry OP. At least someone found it valuable if they wanted to steal it!

Psycocharger 19

That obviously means it's awesome art, maybe they'll try to resell it ;)

Comments

Kuibe 18

Hey at least they thought the painting was good enough to steal!

That's one way to get your art out there! :)

Congratulations, you're living life in an anti-piracy ad.

rldostie 19

Someone once stole a few lines off a Deviant Art essay I had posted and he pasted it onto an Internet meme. The meme totally went against the point I was making in the essay but still I paused for a moment and felt a bit proud--my work is good enough to steal. So don't think of this as a FML but instead as a small validation of your skills. Of course go after the person and have them remove your art or add your name to it, but it's ok to feel both pissed off and proud at the same time.

I'm both happy and sad for you. You're probably quite talented. However, you have to remember that a lot of people are that. Few artists make it, and I really hope you'll be one of them. Unfortunately, chances are that you will remain invisible. Best of luck to you, and I hope you'll sell a painting soon!

solarsanteria 15

someone stole my turtle I made for my dad last Christmas in art class. it sucks but I try to think of it as a rude compliment

I've had the same thing happen to me... sadly the person had already made money off of my art, while I can't get a single penny when I try to sell prints and stuff. Sucks being an invisible artist :(

You should try posting your art on Instagram and maybe tag @worldofartists I'm sure they'd post some of your work(: it's a good way to become known!

That means someone must have thought your art work was full of talent. Well done OP!