By Bandking - 17/03/2014 21:48 - United States - Cleveland

Today, I marched in the St. Patrick's day parade. My horn has an inconveniently-placed spit valve that has to be drained frequently. At the end, I discovered every time I emptied it, it would spray all over the front of my pants. I marched an entire parade looking like I pissed my pants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 155
You deserved it 5 475

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wildcats909 9

If your city's parade and drinking celebrations were anything like mine - you definitely weren't the only one that pissed your pants

Just blame it on being drunk! St patricks day eh!

Comments

that sucks, ive had a horn player empty his spit valve on me during band class by accident. a lot of them usually spilled it on themselves. but hey, at least you were in a parade!

jazzy_123 20

I know what you mean, OP. I am in the marching band, too. Even though I am a woodwind player, I see our brass almost constantly emptying spit valves. On the bright side, way to go on the parade!

Before you open it, why don't you put the horn to the side? It's what I do...

I bet you're a sousaphone. I play that in marching band and those spit valves are really inconveniently placed to where the only place to open them is down your front. I just felt lucky that my sousa was a little weird and the spit drained from the key valves so I just had a wet spot on my stomach after a long time of playing.

no big deal, not like it was broadcast on TV, oh wait, it was.

inner_peace 19

That's one big perk of being a woodwind (except for the bari sax, which I play). And my horrible experience with the bari's spit valve has me feeling sympathizing with you, OP. FYL!

Bandking 12

It was a Bari sax too hahah

Think of it this way. Most of the people at that parade won't remember anything tomorrow anyway it's a lot like mardi gras in louisiana.

Lol haha that sucks I feel bad but say someone spilled something on you...

What instrument do you play? That's the power of the woodwinds! XD Lol sorry about the placement of the spit valve, all my guy friends complain of the same thing (they're all brass players too) FYL by the way!

ElementaryEdGuy 18

I'm a clarinet player, and I guess I like that the spit just comes straight out on to the floor.