By hating my life - 26/11/2015 07:57 - United States

Today, I managed to accidentally drop an entire cake on my laptop's keyboard. There's so much frosting stuck under the keys, I have no idea how I'm going to clean it out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 725
You deserved it 7 437

Same thing different taste

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

While this seems like one of the better scenarios to use this joke, at this point its just batter to not use it at all.

I guess you'll be using sticky keys from now on.

OP could pop the keys off and clean them off and then they won't be a sticky anymore.

It's a joke, as in pressing shift 5 times.

I've heard of Sticky Keys, but this one takes the cake.

Murilirum 23

Do you want some wine to go with all this cheese.

pauliegon 18

Screenshot for the record books: "Best Pun in Recent FML History"

"and he probably ate it too." "Shut up, Jaden. You're not funny."

You can buy replacement keyboards for laptops. Pretty easy to install.

You can always replace the keyboard on your laptop, I've had to do that when I spilled a glass of milk on mine. A quick Google search of the model number and keyboard replacement should get you set in the right direction. Good luck!

That's what you get for balancing bottles on your head, cat.

CliffyB03 28

It's simple. Just soak the laptop in lukewarm water for about an hour, and by then the frosting would become easily removable with just a wipe of a towel. -side note- you will need to get a new laptop after this.

It's like that time I had a stain on my shirt, and I used acid to get it out. Then I got a new shirt. It's a win-win. New shirt, no stain.

If they took the battery out and left it dry throughly afterwards this would work fine. The only reason electronics break from water is from short circuiting, which doesn't happen when there is no electricity in the computer.

What caused the situation for you to be holding a cake over your keyboard op? Anyway, I hope you can clean it all out! Good luck