By Anonymous - 08/12/2009 12:10 - Norway

Today, I'm travelling to England for an important meeting. I'm Norwegian, and my name is Bård. I have to introduce myself as bored the whole day, because that's how my name is pronounced. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 646
You deserved it 3 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GFLiE 0

So then why didn't your parents consider Mandarin Chinese? Or why won't you consider Mandarin when naming your children, #27?

Comments

perdix 29

You're going to England -- say you are The Bard (that's what they call Shakespeare).

I'm also norwegian, but I do find it funny anyhow :p But if you look on the bright side; A guy I know in England is called Richard and his last name is Head. If you do it the English way his name will be Dick Head. That's a bit worse. But just make a joke about it, they will find it funny :)

You can pronounce your name the way you want it. What are they going to do about it? How are they going to find out if you don't tell them? dugh????

haha i feel you! When I moved to the states people had a hard time pronouncing my name, but luckily i dont have a name that means something else in english!

janise 2

It's not that big of a deal since he's foreign so most will just assume that's his name. If he wasn't foreign then it might be an FML.

perdix 29

I feel bad for guys named Peter when they go to France.

No, Peter is pronounced "Pee-tur" in french ^^ (but I see what you meant xD)

why what does it sound like in french? like..what does it mean

the french do have a problem with "th" my Mum has a friend who's name was Keith but he changed it when he got his french citizenship because no one could ever say it

Well.. in french, "péter" means to fart ^^ But it's not the same pronunciation as the name "Peter"

Shadow_Phantom 26

This isn't a FYL really, but it was entertaining to think about.

Think about how french girls named "Fanny" feel like when they go to england !

my mum has a man's name when she goes to France because of the way it is spelled

Lol my mom has a man's name because my grandpa wanted a boy xD (well, it can be used as a girl's name, it's just not common at all)