By Anonymous - 21/01/2016 13:00 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, I'm so lazy, I dread getting up early on days that haven't arrived yet. For stuff I actually like doing, too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 263
You deserved it 5 200

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hate to sound like an alarmist, but you sound a little depressed, OP. Laziness and depression are often very hard to discern from each other.

Comments

I hate to sound like an alarmist, but you sound a little depressed, OP. Laziness and depression are often very hard to discern from each other.

Took me a long time to realise I wasn't lazy and that I was actually just depressed.

#5, the same happened in my case, except it was my dad who thought that I was lazy, until a psychiatrist prescribed antidepressants. I sometimes still feel that it's just laziness, though. I mean, it sure seems like it. (I really hope OP reads this)

So many people are throwing around the idea of depression here. This is not correct. OP may be depressed but you can not say based on what they revealed. They said they are tired for ACTIVITIES THEY LIKE, meaning they are not experiencing anhedonia. So the only symptom you have is sleepiness. you don't make a diagnosis without 5 o 9 criteria for at least 2 weeks. So calling this depression is absurd.

ChiefKoala 30

I was just about to comment something like this. Take it from us OP. I get called lazy all the time by my parents, but they don't know I actually have severe depression. I'm just so unmotivated to things sometimes, even things I usually enjoy doing. You might need to take a step back and evaluate if you're actually lazy or if other things in your life have been affecting you too.

32, First of all, she's making a suggestion. Second of all, having no motivation even for ACTIVITIES THEY LIKE is actually a hallmark symptom of depression.

Possibly....but I'm the same way. And I'm definitely just lazy. Plus OP didn't say they have no motivation for activities they like, they said they didn't want to get up for them. For example, I like to go sailing but that involves getting up really early, travelling, getting changed, setting up the boats....do I enjoy it? Of course, otherwise I wouldn't go through all the other stuff. Do I dread getting up early, even though I know it's for a good reason? Completely. I love my bed.

#32 People with depression don't stop liking certain activities, they just don't have the energy and motivation to do these activities. They might not gain the enjoyment they usually do, which is understandable if they have no energy or motivation but that doesn't mean they stop liking these activities. We don't know how long OP has been like this or if they have other symptoms of depression so it's possible they've been like this for a while and this isn't the only warning sign. People are just trying to inform and warn OP that they might have depression or a medical problem and they should get help if it's serious.

Sounds something like me on Saturdays when I dread the following day because right after Sunday I have to get back to work so I don't get to enjoy Sundays.

Monday's suck, Tuesday's are eh, Wednesday's are neutral, Thursdays are a tease, Friday's are amazing, Saturday's are hangover days, Sunday's are scary.

Why is there no apostrophe on Thursday? If you're going to f*** it up, f*** it up all the way.

mariri9206 32

Unless you're a retail employee who only gets scheduled for weekends.

That sounds more like depression than laziness. You might want to speak with your doctor about this.

LudicMonster 22

I'm in no way fit to give medical advice, but you actually sound depressed

Oversleeping and loss of interest in previously enjoyed things are big warning signs of depression. Please talk to someone. Take care of yourself, OP.