By Lauraborealous - 05/09/2012 18:27 - Canada - Lloydminster

Today, I'm so broke that I hand-washed my socks with a bar of soap that I stole from work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 446
You deserved it 3 110

Lauraborealous tells us more.

for those saying that I should have stolen laundry soap or similar, i work at a restaurant, this wouldn't be possible

Top comments

For some people it's cheaper to have a cell phone then a house phone. We NEED phones to call for help and have people easily get In contact with us, it just depends on what type you get.

Comments

Once i was so broke that i did smth i dont even wanna say. but it passed, and this too shall pass ( i even have a tattoo that says that) just have faith that it's gonna get better

To all people posting "but you can afford internet/phone", have you ever heard of free WiFi, library internet access, local hotspots, or the fact FML is a website? Or the fact all his money goes to bills, food, and possibly loan payments? Ever think of that?

TheDrifter 23

Bah, I was feeling all warm inside seeing my fellow heartless bastards berating op for not having the money management skills to obtain modern life's necessities on her obviously limited budget.

He's broke, A.K.A. he has no money. He's not a real life Mr. Krabs expy.

jarockstar27 10

Wow, and yet you can afford a way to write this on the internet....

THE_A_TEEN posted one comment above you. The last comments show up on the home page; were you too lazy to actually read it? Either way, there is no excuse.

jarockstar27 10

My point is is that he should be budgeting his money for things that are essential to daily living, there is such thing as the dollar store that can meet those needs. And no i dont read every comment sorry to inconvenience you *roll of eyes*

Yes, because bills, inconveniences, and basic living priorities(like food) don't exist and won't suck your wallet dry. And maybe, just maybe, he's not broke all the time and has just enough to squeeze past by these past months.

You do realize that the library is free, right? He might have a work computer and people at McDonald's don't tell you to leave for using their wi-fi. Grow a brain, kid.

How much is you're job paying you if your this broke and also what are you spending your money on?

It's called bills and priorities(Food, water, clothes, hygiene). And he could have a minimum wage job.

Rent, food, utilities, etc. A lot of jobs pay barely enough to cover those.

Wow. I've never seen someone use your/you're incorrectly TWICE in the same sentence. Congratulations.

skittlesmeep 4

When you have money to spend again, look up 'home made laundry soap'. lol

OP most likely has a low paying job and probably gets paid MINIMUM WAGE so STFU selfish loser

Home-made laundry soap is made with household items that OP already has, stupid attention *****.

Handling shit. Got to do whatbypu got to.do sometimes.

patrick29 1

Sad times. Just hang in there at least u have something that lots of us don't have. A job.