By joanikens - 26/03/2016 19:02 - United States - Buena Park

Today, I'm a barista at Starbucks. When my crush walked in and asked how much his coffee would cost, I said a date. He said he'd rather pay for the coffee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 091
You deserved it 6 117

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Chin up OP! I heard he listens to Nickelback while doing cross fit... You're better off without him ?

Comments

He might be trying to be polite or have other important things or maybe even has a girl.

At least you tried! Now you won't have to live with that "what if," for the rest of your life. Time to move on to clearer waters and fish for a different fish. :)

The way people like comments on this is cancerous.

Kembervon 2

Funny, if a guy used this line on a girl no one would sympathize if the girl responded this way.

This is exactly why I pressed YDI. Gender shouldn't make a difference in situations like this.

Mm I'm not sure i agree - I think people would react the same way personally - (we may never know)

NamelessGhoul 11

Today, I was just trying to buy coffee, when the barista who has a crush on me said my coffee would be free if I went on a date with her. I said I'd rather just pay for my coffee. Now I can never go back there. That Starbucks is right near my house. FML

That was pretty witty, he should have at least laughed.

Sk8brdmenace 17

I think that was pretty suave on ur part. I woulda said yes just for originality. Screw that f***tard.

randybryant799 20

Why is he a fucktard? Because he's not interested? The man just wanted a coffee. Leave him alone.

isn't that a bit conceited of you to assume he's interested? going all in and directly asking as you did always holds the risk of rejection..you live you learn, just don't give up trying..not with that guy, since he's clearly not into you, but I'm sure you'll find someone suitable!

So asking someone out is conceited now. Okay.