By Anonymous - 25/05/2013 04:50 - United States - Clifton

Today, I locked my keys in my car. Good thing I went to Lowe's to make spares, which are also now locked in the car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 596
You deserved it 18 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wlddog 14

After you eventually get in, zip tie one of the spares someplace no one will see, so this wont happen again. I zip tie spares to the frame under the truck. Works every time.

Comments

I carry one in my wallet, just in case.

You can take one of the fake credit cards you get in the mail and cut out outlines of your house and car keys, then tape duplicates inside and carry it in a hidden spot in your purse/wallet.

this is why im always quadruple checking that my keys are in my hand before i lock and close the door

Sucks! Time for a Slim Jim (*Macho Man's voice*) Nice that you're at least able to get a spare at Lowe's. I own a VW Jetta and was warned not to lose my keys because it'll cost over $200/$300 to replace from the dealership-- because of the sensor in it.

TheDrifter 23

Yeah, my Mercedes is the same way, sensor in the key, so you have to order from the dealership, bloody pain that is. Does the Jetta have keyless start? I worried at first about losing the keys, then I realized with keyless start they never leave my pocket.

Not quite sure. I have a 2010 and my key is kinda like a square switch blade that has the button to lock the door on the outside of it. (:

TheDrifter 23

Keyless start is great. Push the button on the dash and the car starts, as long as the fob is within 10 feet or so. Keys never leave the pocket.

That's ironic...but after you get your car open you can still do what you intended...

Anyone got a tennis ball that OP can borrow?

yazan61 7

Its a damn shame the police told you 'no'when you called them and asked them to open it...because they don't do that or anything.

Always a good idea to give a family member a spare key.

The law of keys is that the more keys you have, the less likely it is you will ever find them or use them.