By Singleagain - 19/04/2016 12:01 - Sint Maarten (Dutch part) - Philipsburg

Spicy
Today, I learned that not texting my girlfriend for two days is considered dumping her, and is ample reason to screw other men. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 389
You deserved it 10 038

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, this depends, did you just not text or completely cease communication for no reason? She's still overreacting, but I might be a little peeved too, if my boyfriend dropped off the planet with no explanation for two days.

Is there any reason for the lack of contact? Had you been fighting before? This needs follow up

Comments

I feel like this needs more explanation. Did you guys have a fight? Did you have a reason that she knew about? Has she been trying to communicate with you? Was your phone dead? Did you see each other during those two days? I think that if someone doesn't have the common decency to throw a "hey, what's up?" text once a day, then there is clearly an issue. (It is not that much effort to shoot a text that says: "I'm super busy but Im thinking about you/I miss you/ how are you?") However, she should have told you that she wanted to end the relationship, and given you the chance to talk to her about it.

there must have been a lot happening preceding your silence..even though your silence was short, if she was sure of your love and felt the same for you, she wouldn't have done that..no use crying over spilt milk, move on op

Isa_fml 20

Yeah, you might be better off without her.

So there's a lot of missing information here. Was there an argument or perceived argument before you ghosted for two days? If I was upset with my BF and just didn't hear from him at all for two days, yes, I'm going to assume he was done. Did she try to contact you and you ignored her? Did she try to find out if you were ok through friends and family, only to learn you were fine and ignoring her? Were you posting on social media where she could see but shutting her out? Obviously if she was this upset over two days of radio silence, this isn't normal for whatever your relationship has been up until now. Sleeping with someone else to hurt you may be a proportionate response depending on the missing information. If you were posting on social media that you were out with other girls or an ex, all while ignoring her, then, yes, if she chose to move on that's her decision and you messed up, OP. But really, there's almost zero information here to be absolutely certain this isn't just another "poor me" validation seeker.

Well... Kinda yeah. Not the screwing other men part, that's her decision as to what to do when you break up... But if I didn't hear from my boyfriend for two days I would be seriously pissed and break up with him (unless he had a valid reason), or I would assume he was dumping me if it was pretty early in the relationship....

clickme 17

Bang her best friend...that usually has the proper effect.

Well at least you live in the Caribbean

loctran 4

Well, there's 2 sides to this whole story. In fairness to her, you should have showed better communication in letting her know what's going on so she doesn't worry and feel uneasy. But at the same time, she did react too immaturily by making assumptions. Not contacting for 2 days shouldn't be the biggest deal in the world. There are couples that go weeks without contacting each other.