By Singleagain - 19/04/2016 12:01 - Sint Maarten (Dutch part) - Philipsburg

Spicy
Today, I learned that not texting my girlfriend for two days is considered dumping her, and is ample reason to screw other men. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 389
You deserved it 10 036

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, this depends, did you just not text or completely cease communication for no reason? She's still overreacting, but I might be a little peeved too, if my boyfriend dropped off the planet with no explanation for two days.

Is there any reason for the lack of contact? Had you been fighting before? This needs follow up

Comments

Oh Hell naw!! No matter what the case, SHE cheated. She chose to cheat. That's ALL on her! If she had a problem with how communication or anything was in the relationship, she should have talked to you about it first. If she did, and it wasn't resolved, then she coulda broken it off. But cheating!? Just no.

Was this one of those things where she ignores you for a period of time to see if you would text first, or was she trying to contact you and you were just ignoring her? If it's the latter, I would say it's your fault. If not, her loss. Besides, she probably wasn't a keeper if she's okay with having sex with other dudes right after a breakup. Sorry, OP

If it's the latter, it's maybe his fault she was mad. But his lack of texting didn't force her open her legs to some other guy!

Don't listen to her, OP. She knows you didn't dump her, she's using that to try and shift the blame onto you so she doesn't come off as a shitty human being. It sucks, but it's better in the long run. Now you won't waste time with someone that'll inevitably screw you over down the line.

FalloutScrolls 25

Sounds to me like a terrible excuse to dump you. Sorry, OP. You're better off without someone like that who A) Cheats, or B) Is so insecure that two whole days...ohh no.... can go by before coming to a conclusion that you want to break up if no texts come in.

XxGaLaXy_HiTzxX 14

If she thought this then you obviously chose the wrong person to date fyl

Screwing men might've been extreme, but everyone knows everyone is attached to their phones for Google, Internet, or even fml. It would've been easy to say hi or miss you babe. Again, while I think cheating is extreme, you did definitely deserve some kind of retaliation.

FalloutScrolls 25

Way to blame the victim, there.

Not really, 18. 48 hours is a short period of time. If lack of contact was so alarmingly unusual, a rational person would likely be worried that something had happened, as opposed to getting dick. Retribution without facts is simply being an asshole.

To anyone reading this, I swear I'm not (completely) crazy. #18's comment did exist, stating something along the lines of people are attached to their phones, google, facebook etc, and that some kind of retribution is deserved for not keeping in contact. No idea where the comment went.

Why would you not text her for two days?

FalloutScrolls 25

OP gets cheated on, and you seem to imply that the victim deserves the blame because 2 days went by without a text message.

pretty sure thats not what they meant. i think theyre just wondering why op didnt talk to his girlfriend for two days? in this day and age with all our technology i dont feel like theres any reason why he couldnt say a single word to her for two days. HOWEVER there was absolutely no reason for her to take that as a go ahead to assume he broke up with her and to go screw other guys. that was a pretty ****** up move on her part. but id be really pissed off too if my boyfriend took it upon himself to disappear for two entire days. thats grounds for me to kind of freak out and wonder if hes even okay or if something bad happened. but thats just me.

*shrugs* Not everyone is hyperconnected. Some people really just don't text that much. Even to their bf or gf.

Because some people don't feel the need to text their friend/significant other everyday and just want their space for a bit?

sounds more like she was just waiting for an excuse to go bang someone else.

ilovemychem 22

Probably should've texted her..

If you didn't communicate with her AT ALL for two days then there's more to the story here. She did overreact, but if you didn't speak to her for two days with no explanation then it doesn't surprise me that she assumed the worst: that you two were broken up and that she should move on.