By wellthisisbad - 29/02/2016 12:27 - United States - Boynton Beach

Today, I learned that not only am I pregnant, I'm too far along for an abortion. My husband and I originally bonded over the fact that we both hate children. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 694
You deserved it 29 478

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CaptainHonor 15

Adoption. Then get yourselves fixed so you don't have another accident.

Comments

Definitely start lining up potential adoptive families early. You can be quite particular with them, and your medical and other related expenses can often be legally taken on by the family. Babies are in high demand, and you don't have to keep the baby for it to have a family who loves it.

Sorry you're in a tough situation. I hope adoption will work out for you. Good luck.

Wow, this is a tough situation. if you choose adoption, then you will have non-stop pressure from family & friends to keep the child. Oh & tubals aren't always permanent, mine "spontaneous reversed" 14 YEARS later, the Dr that delivered my youngest her tubal reverse 27 Years later. hysterectomy is the only way to be 100%.

We are a state certified adoptive family with one adopted child. Please consider adoption. Please let me know if you need to talk about how to adopt or would like to know more about our family!

From someone that just lost their unborn child I'd give anything to be in your position...

ThreeSheets 14

Remember friends- Spay or Neuter to prevent unwanted surprises!!

Something like this happened to an old acquaintance of mine. She was on the birth control shot, meaning she wasn't having periods. She'd just started college, so she attributed weight gain to the "freshman 15," and the morning sickness to a bug going around that happened to coincide with her nausea. Didn't figure out she was pregnant until she was 20 weeks along, and that was because a friend talked her into taking a pregnancy test "just to rule it out." Basically, shit happens - sorry OP, hope you figure out what's best for you, your husband, and the kid!

you are horrible people. you'd rather murder your child or give it up instead of learning to deal with it?

For everyone saying birth control doesn't always work you're not wrong, but that statement is misleading. I've been single a while, which almost definitely has nothing to do with my compulsion to figure out the statistical failure rates of birth control, but the last time I checked the pill was 99.9% effective and condoms were 98% effective. So, 1/1000 and 1/50 failure rates. To get the probability that both conditions will happen you multiply them. This gives you a probability of 1/50000. Yeah, it can happen, but statistically speaking it is MUCH more likely that OP was relying on one form only and even then considering what it does to the failure rates I would bet most conceptions on birth control happen because it was not used properly. You can't forget the pill, ever, you have to store condoms in the right environment, you can't let them expire, certain lubricants damage their integrity, etc.

#313, where are you getting these bs numbers? They are completely, utterly off (I work in family planning research, so I know what I'm talking about). The only thing that's 99.8% effective is a copper IUD, and the only thing that's 99.9% effective is tying your tubes. The pill is nowhere close, and condoms are a bit over 80% effective as commonly used. Tons of people get pregnant while on birth control. Yes, some of that is due to incorrect use, too, but it's not like we do a great job educating people about birth control in this country with all our 'abstinence only' funding. Furthermore, many women can't use the most effective birth control because of side effects and health contradictions (for example, those who cannot take anything hormonal). So maybe get off your high horse and focus on getting the facts straight.

Apparently I sounded arrogant, but at the risk of sounding crass I need to specify again that I meant proper use and not common use, makes a huge difference its effectiveness. Working in research you of all people should know the importance of using birth control as directed and intended by the manufacturer and the fallacies that are prevalent regarding it. Personally I agree with you that the abstinence-only philosophy we adopted in this country is as ridiculous as it is ineffective and that is what I blame, if anybody. As far as the numbers I gave, which were for proper use and not the common use of birth control, I paid enough attention in health class to know what to research concerning diseases and pregnancy risks when I entered into my first long-term relationship and I research it again every few years in an attempt to be a responsible adult. Because you very nicely said I pulled them out of my ass, I looked them up again. There are numerous articles you can find with less effort than you expended in typing your response, including a very good one on the Mayo Clinic's website detailing condom use, and there are articles on the NHS website, the Mayo Clinic, WebMD, and dozens of family planning sites if you're interested in information about the pill. The numbers range from 99% to 99.9% depending on the source but every single one stresses the importance of using it as directed. Most condoms break because they were not used, sized, stored, or worn properly, and even being as generous to your hostility as the numbers permit something like 8 out of 9 pregnancies that occur on the pill happen because it was not used as directed. I am going to assume you don't need me to defend basic probability. Health issues are a valid concern, and not all forms of birth control are right for everybody. Even among the healthy I think the pill increases the risk of stroke and high blood pressure, and other nasty things.