By Anonymous - 23/03/2014 04:05 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, I learned that most teenagers would rather grab free candy from the broken vending machine than help the guy stuck underneath it get free. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 366
You deserved it 5 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Sorry to hear op, hopefully you're alright though!

kingdomgirl94 29

don't 100 people die every year from falling vending machines? it sucks no one helped but unless it fell from something other than shaking it to get something inside, ydi.

Are we jumping to conclusions now, are we?

People don't die because of a vending machine. Unless the candy's poisoned. Diabeetus, son.

vending machines are heavy. heavy things do not mix well with squishy humans.

kingdomgirl94 29

thank you 103, my point exactly.

kingdomgirl94 29

82, vending machines are heavy and sturdy. Please do come up with another explanation for it magically tipping over.

In California they made it a law that if a person sees something they have to help or they will be punished. It was made so the paparazi couldn't just stand by and take pictures if a person was in need of help. Check your native laws for punishments for standing by and not helping a person in need.

But even if he was in California or somewhere with similar laws, what is he supposed to do? The teens probably ran away.

KVKdragon 26

Security cameras? Maybe he actually knows said teens and/or can identify them by recognition. I'd be ticked off enough to report them if I was the OP in this situation and I knew who they were or could identify them. Some people (teens and adults) need a harsh lesson to become empathic, caring, and helpful if they don't learn how growing up >:(

I live in California. They made a big deal about the law a few years ago. It's not that surprising to think a state with vultures that would stand over you and click a camera while you bled out, would come up with the same law on their own without the need to copy Canada's same law.

escobar07 10

You might want to do research on California laws before making such bold statements. No such law exist in California.

What were you doing that resulted in you being stuck under a vending machine?

How many times have I been stuck under a vending machine in my life? That's right, zero. You totally deserve it.

… Huh? How are your own life experiences in any way relevant? Oh, that's right, zero relevance. Don't reproduce, you self-righteous prick.

Are you stupid? I doubt you've ever also been shot, but I'm pretty sure most of the people who have been did not deserve it.

Oh, yes. I seemed to have forgotten the world revolves you.

That pun was horrible, and it didn't even apply to the fml.

Candy is sticky, so it kind of applies in a way, but I agree the pun was terrible.

I don't think it's just teenagers that wouldn't have helped him. I am pretty sure most adults would pass him by. I recall there being a recent situation where a homeless man was injured one night and no adult stopped to help. It's human nature, not teenage nature.

larrena2377 26

I most certainly would have helped. I would want someone to help me in that situation.

As would I, and I am a teenager. Not all teenagers would steal candy and leave the guy defenseless.

They probably didn't realize those machines kill people and weigh hundreds of pounds. There is a big difference between kids that were too stupid to know the danger and adults not helping a man obviously in need of help. Crowds don't help a person because they all thinks someone else there will.

bluefrootloops 13

Most? How big was the sample size? Did you ask for IDs?

Hoping you weren't the guy stuck under it...

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Pretty sure he was; that's the point.