By JhKhS - 14/09/2009 10:05 - United Kingdom

Today, I just came back from the vet. I spent a lot of money on a pet tortoise at the local pet store and it didn't come out of its shell when I bought it. The owner just said it sleeps in the day and it'll be shy for a week or so. Turns out it was dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 555
You deserved it 9 485

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Somebody has to do it, might as well be me.... 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This tortoise is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-TORTOISE!!

Comments

He got you good. Now go to the store with the ultimatum, either he refunds your money or you go to the police and whatever the british version of the better business bureau is and make them refund it, and then shut him down.

davek 36

It has expired and gone to meet its maker! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This is an ex-tortoise!

vdubz 0

Don't buy an animal if you've never seen it move even!

i think you could **** th owner over if you went to the rspca and office of fair trading ;)

MickDeal 1

they sold you a used turtle? that sucks. i got sold a used little brother. we couldnt even tell we. thought he was sleeping for 2 months straight.

And I thought I was the only one who listened to NWA.

Umm...okay, so tortoises don't actually go into their shells...their heads can retract a little but their beaks are always poking out...so are their limbs, as they don't really retract at all...tortoises also are not that expensive...so I'm thinking this FML is a fake. Why? I own two tortoises.

Demand a LIVING turtle from em and threaten to sue.