By CheeseTacos - 12/02/2015 22:40 - United States - Tinley Park

Today, I introduced my dad to my girlfriend. He looked her up and down and said to her, "Beggars can't be choosers. Am I right?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 589
You deserved it 3 052

CheeseTacos tells us more.

CheeseTacos 9

Hey everyone! OP here. Thanks for the support. :) some of these posts made me chuckle a bit. I did stick up for her and made him apologize. It was uneasy the rest of the night but I don't regret it. Bye!! P.S It was towards me. He was in fact calling her a "beggar". Hope I cleared some things up!

Top comments

3051628 24

How shallow and inconsiderate. OP, be proud that you found someone to call your girlfriend, and most importantly disregard comments such as those. None of that truly matters so long as you're happy with her.

Prove him wrong by pointing him out as an example.

Comments

"She's not a beggar, and thankful she chose me."

Just say back to your dad, "is that why you and mom are together?"

why would he insult his own mother like that?

BamBAmGG 14

He doesn't need to stoop down to his father's level and be rude back. Being the bigger person and turning something negative into something positive is always best.

Another few generations and there will be no manners at all in the world.

I don't get why anyone would say that, it's so rude. He sounds bitter

That is so rude! He could really hurt her feelings, not to mention he put his own son down too.

Thats a good time to defend your girlfriend op!

What did he mean, were you the beggar or your girlfriend?

Exactly what I wondered. I assumed op's girlfriend was the beggar and that maybe he was trying (horribly) to get on her good side and make a joke.

Yeah, dads are assholes. I got into an argument with my dad once and he looked at my gf and said "what do you see in him". They're just like that.