By Anonymous - 06/07/2010 06:11 - United States

Today, I held the door open for an old man in a motorized wheelchair. He missed the door, hit my foot, and called me an asshole for getting in his way. FML
I agree, your life sucks 477
You deserved it 37

Top comments

If he's gonna be an asshole about it, just push him out of his chair and say, "Why yes, I am an asshole. Bitch."

Comments

Shoulda pushed him back, closed the door while he's on the other side, and said "Good luck to ya!" and left.

you aren't supposed to treat cripples any different. so slam the door on his ass next time

Grumpy Jack 26

Make it like you're badly hurt and can barely walk then press charges against him. Just kidding. Any time it happens to me, I say out loud "You're welcome... (asshole)". At least, people around can understand I've been helpful but never thanked. The "asshole" depends of the situation and my mood. Personally, I never ask. I'd rather hold the door to anyone even someone able to open it on their own. Sometimes, I get thanked by old people because they didn't expect someone younger to be respectful towards the elders. Secondly, just because one old disabled guy called you an asshole doesn't mean EVERY old or disabled people ARE actually assholes. And it does not mean you have to be an asshole yourself. You should always hold the door at someone, no matter how old they are. This is what I call education. In comparison, I've seen a bunch of young people acting like assholes with other people just because they don't care. Holding the door at someone is a free act, "thanks" is a free word. The world would be a lot better if people could understand this.