By failbaby - 02/06/2009 06:18 - United States

Today, I heard a baby crying while I was walking down the street. I walked around until I found it. In a dumpster. I immediately called the cops, completely freaking out. When the cops came, they pulled the baby out of the dumpster. It was a plastic baby doll. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 550
You deserved it 24 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have looked inside because if there really was a baby I would have went straight in, not wait for the cops.

You should've checked mate, but your heart's in the right place. I think. If it was a real baby, it could've died between the time you heard it and the time the police came in.

Comments

#123 My ass would have been in that dumpster yesterday if I thought there was a real baby in it. Just because you wouldn't go doesn't mean other people with real morals wouldn't. #133 Are you serious? "If you don't know the details of the situation you shouldn't jump in" "tampering with a crime scene". Is that a joke? You do realize we're talking about a *BABY* and not a dead body right?

Why would you call the cops to pull the baby out? Why wouldn't you pull it out? If it WAS a baby why would you want to leave it in the dumpster any longer? YDI, retard.

Ariel09 0

How do you mistake a real baby for a plastic one? Haha

You're such an idiot: 1) you shouldve double checked 2.) if the crying sounds repetitive then you shouldve known and 3.) it shouldve sound robotic bc not one of those dolls cries sound real

I would have jumped in head first for the baby (saying I thouth there was a baby) good job though calling the police. Its sad that we live in a time where u hear crying from a dumpster and you don't think its a doll you assume its a real baby. (Which a lot would do)Just sad!

ohhhhshizzz 0

#159: YOU CAN KILL THE BABY TRYING TO JUMP IN THERE TO SAVE THEM, FUCKTARD. Sorry for the all caps, but sometime I hate reading the comments, because something is brought up over & over again, and answered over and over again. YOU CAN'T JUMP IN TO SAVE THE BABY FOR THESE REASONS: TOO SHORT & COULD KILL THE BABY. Gosh, are y'all idiots. OP: You did the right thing.

h0b04L1f3 0

Wow ummm your a damn idiot and a prissy little girl because if you really cared you would have gone sraight in for It but no your too selfish.

Thank you, #164. If the baby had been tossed in there and had a back injury, jumping in to grab it could have paralyzed it for life. If someone just jumps into the dumpster, shifting the rubbish, it could have crushed or suffocated the baby. This, of course, assuming that the lid was not too heavy to lift in the first place, or the sides weren't too high to climb. But no, everyone wants to be a Superhero and act like five more minutes in a dumpster is going to kill it, because everyone is a Superhero when they are behind a computer screen, y'know. Even though this thankfully turned out to be a doll, the person in question did everything right. I suspect that the people criticizing this person are just doing it because they think they are funny, superior, or simply looking to be nasty.

laughinboy 0