By problems - 19/10/2014 03:03 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I have to make a decision. I either drive my dad around during the day so he can drink, or I let him drink and drive so I can focus on studying for my exams. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 487
You deserved it 3 048

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buy some booze, stay at home and have a drunken study session with the old man!

Sounds like you need to consult somebody you trust, OP. This is serious.

Comments

Study for your exams, don't care about your dad, your future is more important than his, that's what I'd do.

Let him drink and drive nothing wrong with that

My parents make me drive them around in return of them having to drive me around when I was a kid

If he dies (let's hope that doesn't happen) you still won't have enough time to study.

If you can't find a way to resolve this, you should probably call the cops on him for drinking and driving. I know it sounds dumb, but it's for his own good. At least it'll keep him off the road for a while.

Ashd09 30

Tell him the exams are more important and hide the keys. Then lock yourself in your room and study away. Good luck OP

You take care of yourself, OP. Your dad is an adult. If he makes the choice to drive drunk, that choice and its consequences are on him.

If he is that much of a drunkard you should either get him help, or call the cops on him (if you know where his drinking hole is). You shouldn't sacrifice your school for his addiction to alcohol. Tell him to go out and buy some beer to drink at home. If it is socialization he is looking for, tell him to invite friend to a byob get together.