By problems - 19/10/2014 03:03 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I have to make a decision. I either drive my dad around during the day so he can drink, or I let him drink and drive so I can focus on studying for my exams. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 487
You deserved it 3 048

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buy some booze, stay at home and have a drunken study session with the old man!

Sounds like you need to consult somebody you trust, OP. This is serious.

Comments

hmm I'd think I'd rather study. I know that's horrible but it's his choice to drink

jack_jill05 14

not necessarily. if he is a true alcoholic, that can be classified as a disease that needs real treatment, not being ignored.

Drinking and driving is not an option, seriously he could very well kill someone and then op would have to live knowing they may have had the ability to prevent that. it's not just horrible to let him go do it, irresponsible, they need to consult help as this is a very serious situation.

alcoholism is not a disease that's a poor excuse for it. every single person has a choice to pick up a bottle and have a drink. it's not ops problem to have to drive his dad around because his dad can't accept the fact that his son has to study. so therefore it's his problem and call a damn cab

drinking is an option as well as driving the two together should not happen yes bit there's other options as in not drinking or calling a cab

Just rent some hookers and a hotel room. That should keep him happy for awhile.

That's not the solution to everything..

he sounds like an alcoholic - it isn't about growing up as such - it is an addiction. But i think you have to want to get help for it. It is really hard for the families.

Even if he is an addict, OP shouldn't enable the guy's actions. Enablers help further an addiction. Addicts need some reason to stop. If he has to face jail time and/or fines for a DUI, then perhaps he will see that he should stop.

Alcoholism is a disease. Drunk driving is an act of carelessness and people who CHOOSE to do it deserve all the negative consequences. Seems to me like OP's dad is not only a drunk but a careless , irresponsible one at that . I would let him drink all he wants and call the cops on him as soon as he even thinks about driving.

This is exactly the same post from a week ago, how is it again posted today

buy some booze, hide the keys and go find a place to study.

Study at the library. Take the car keys with you. What happens when you go to school usually?

kittycat2007 18

Let him go out. Call cops when you know hes on his way home. This is more than about your studing or you dad, hes willing to put his drinking above other peoples lives and that is NOT okay.

KittyyCattyy 9

Pretty awful you dad would put you in such a tough situation. OP you should definitely consult someone about this. He is endangering lives if he continues this.