By blahmina - 23/01/2009 15:18 - United States

Today, I had to walk home from school in the rain, because my mom "didn't have a car to pick me up in". But when I got home, the car had magically appeared. Just great. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 877
You deserved it 2 372

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#4: if you had to swim across the street, what makes you think it would be a good idea to drive a vehicle down that street?

Happened to me once... only I had to swim across the street... literally swim because the city I lived in had no storm drains. My mom conventionally forgot to pick me up on the day it was raining badly. When I got home, she was inside the house slipping out of the warm shower. I asked her why she didn't pick me up and she said she forgot. That's like forgetting you have a job or that you got paid that day. How can you forget to pick up your child when you do every other day except on the day it rains?

Comments

Whoaaaaa hold up now Totenglocke. Maybe they don't have a bus route to their school. I sure don't. And if I walked I would be walking 15 miles so just be glad it's not that long dude haha XD

she hates you. Besides, walking is good for the bones and health. I walk just about everywere. only time I don't is when I can't get there by walking or it's really far.

G_thelegend 0

cool. i love walking in the rain :)

splarf1991 0

hey lazy a$$ it's called the bus! I hate spoiled kids that need ther mommy or daddy to pick them up cause they are either to socially awkward or just scared to be in a vehicle with others! GD grow a pair

Maybe the op didnt have any money? My school's busses require money. Maybe the busses left while Op was waiting for thier mother i've wated for my father long enough for the busses to have left the area. I agree about children who belive they are above riding the bus, but when i can't find my ride the bus is one of the last things on my mind. For now though we dont know what the Op did so it isn't fair to assume there a brat, we only know the mother is too lazy and would sooner lie to thier childen than help them. Walking in the rain isnt all to bad but can still ruin ones day and mood.

Mm1066fml 0

I wish people would learn how to correctly use embedded quotations. They are supposed to be quotes of what someone said, but in the example shown here it makes no sense. The quotation here implies that the OP's mother said that she didn't have a car to pick herself up, which is ridiculous.

panda_heroo 0

Oh shut up.I had to walk home when it was raining during the winter just because my dad was to lazy to pick me up from school.I didn't even have an umbrella.it's a three minute drive from my house to school.and a 15 minute walk.

mintypoison 22

.... I walked to and from school up hill both ways and a mile plus every single day. I only got rides when it was really storming outside. And maybe if it was snowing. I know I still had to walk to school in the snow. Shut the hell up and walk. D

Poor baby had to walk. YDI. Quit being such a diva.

I wonder if your dad was also home...