By missprude666 - 19/01/2012 08:32 - Australia

Spicy
Today, I had to sit through 10 minutes of hearing a man on the tram tell his friend in explicit detail about all the filthy sex acts he'd like to do to me. His friend told him to take a photo to jack off to later. When I tried to tell the tram driver, he told me to "take it as a compliment." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 189
You deserved it 4 493

Same thing different taste

Top comments

strike up a conversation about how much you miss having a penis, and are regretting the surgery.

Comments

The last time I was harassed like that, I gained ten pounds. It is not a compliment. One time I was in a book store the teen boy at the counter was to busy playing with his phone to help me much. When the boy finally looked up to me, his eyes hit my chest and went bug-eyed. The boy got real eager to help me once he realized I had boobs. I guess you could call that a compliment, but it made me feel worthless. I like to think of myself as a person, not an object.

every1luvsboners 11

A kids looking at your Bewbz isn't harassment. Good thing you're not president; all guys would be forced to wear blindfolds and castrated at 14. Get over yourself.

boners, you sound like you're quite jealous the guys weren't talking about you..

I don't think you understand how degrading it is to be thought of as an object/sex toy by complete strangers. Do you have any personal experience with this at all? Or are you just spouting nonsense because you're butthurt?

There are fat girls out there wishing guys talked about them like that!! So enjoy not being fat.. Oh yeah and get a tazer

Says the chick with her cat as her profile pic. U prolly wish they were talking about u lol! Later cat lady

Let's all blame the victim! Let's all tell her about the things she could have done differently! Let's not bother to shame these creepers who sexually harassed her, though, or the driver who completely dismissed her, because then we'd all have to admit that this woman did absolutely nothing wrong! Rape culture makes me sick. Especially because most of the people spouting it off on here are growing up to be the next generation of perpetrators.

davek 36

Your post is the first mention of rape on this page. I am aware it is a sickening crime. The OP's description, however, was not rape. Please don't be part of the problem.

I realize that the OP did not experience rape. But rape culture encompasses more than just the one act. It's the idea that victims of all kinds of sexual violence (including harassment) are to blame - that women should avoid drinking, talking to strangers, or walking alone at night, in case they're assaulted. It should not be the responsibility of the victim to not be harassed, assaulted, or raped. I'm honestly not sure what you meant by "don't be part of the problem".

They should still do something about it. Just sitting there listening to it isn't good either. It sends the wrong message when she obviously doesn't like it, it's even worse when the one person that can do something about it won't. She should of moved or left the tram and called the company when the driver said that. Because the next level of that situation could of been a physical encounter but why sit there and allow it to get that far? I understand it's not her fault that man is a pervert and it's not her fault the bus driver is an ass. But she does have the power to get away from a bad situation. Just sitting there isn't helpful. Being on time to work or an appointment is not worth your safety I ride the bus and had to get off two times because people harass me. I simply called my employer and explained. Just saying.

"Being on time to work or an appointment is not worth your safety" I totally, completely agree. That said, though, what if she moved and they followed her? What if she got off the tram and they did too? What if they took that as an invitation to escalate things? And really, who's to say that she didn't move or leave after telling the driver? We don't know. Telling her what she should have done is unacceptable - instead of saying "Don't be harassed" to the victims, we should say "Don't harass" to the people who are actually responsible. I agree, though, that she should call the company to report the driver - his actions (or lack thereof) were appalling.

msjoyfull84 0
ShinedownLuv 14
davek 36

Much as that undoubtedly sucks, clicking YDI for not smacking him one.

KiddNYC1O 20