By rain1 - 06/01/2014 02:54 - Canada - Windsor

Today, I had to explain to my parents why it is inappropriate to take selfies at a funeral. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 087
You deserved it 4 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are your parents Barrack and Michelle Obama?

I know, but that ruins my joke, so shut up :p

Comments

I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork and dedication has paid off. Getting the top comment has been a dream of mine for many years, and I would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would like to thank God for giving me this opportunity. Next I would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my cat Belle, and I would also like to thank my pet tadpole for surviving against all odds. Next I would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that i need to get through the day. I also want to thank Lights. She is my inspiration. This is a special moment in my life and I would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that I will never forget. I just remembered a few other people i would like to thank; notjustok.com, the fish i caught in the third grade, my light in my room because I wouldn’t be able to see the keyboard without it, the internet for letting me go on notjustok.com, my house because without it I would be homeless, and last but not least i would like to thank all the people out there that actually took time out of their day to read this. I cannot stress how much of a big deal to me this is. I have been trying to be the first comment on a post for years, but that has not been possible until this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck will continue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how i did this, i would say, you can achieve anything u set your mind on. To all the kids out there reading this, i would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the top comment is amazing, thank you everyone.

JMichael 25

Congratulations on your outstanding achievement.

I couldn't have done it without all of the amazing support from you guys

Man, I really wish that I could copy and paste like you #1.

How did you have time to write all this and still be the first comment? I would've been so scared of ending up second after seeing all the people who are 2nd or 3rd shout "first!" this could've been a huge fail. But congrats man! Having the first comment is a really good feeling.

buttcramp 21

you got the first comment and said absolutely nothing about the FML or anything directed to OP.

I am unsure whether to down vote #1, or up vote #1 because #1 made me laugh but its also one long "first" message.

#12 and #13, it's an acquired skill.

The fact that you managed to type that long comment and still be first is an admirable achievement. Congrats dude.

#1 The comment you posted has given me the inspiration to try and get the first comment! Thank you for such a beautiful comment!

perdix 29

#19, #1 didn't type his comment at the moment the story was published. It has nothing to do with the story. He obviously composed it in the past and copied it, then hit paste as the story came out. Only Welshite can write a good first comment.

my question is: how did you manage to write all of this and still be the first?

16 - Upvote him because it's a brilliant piss-take of all the "first!!!!1!!1" muppets.

A 'better luck next time' comment would be inappropriate, wouldn't it?

skyeyez9 24

This was my first thought when I read the fml!

Honest to god I would be so embarrassed if my parents did that.

Are your parents Barrack and Michelle Obama?

Effinusername 7

it wasnt Barack and Michelle, it was Barack and some white lady.

I know, but that ruins my joke, so shut up :p

'White lady' being the Danish Prime Minister...she's pretty much a nobody don't you think?

I could see the parents acting childish and saying "But, President Obama was doing it. So it has to be ok, right?"

skyeyez9 24

The funny thing was how obama was schmoozing next to the Danish Prime minister blonde lady, flirting, touching her leg, selfies and Michelle was looking pissed. Barack was scooted very close to the blonde prime minister and there was like a 2.5ft gap between him and michelle obama. If you had no idea who the obama's were, you would have assumed Obama and the blonde woman were the married couple. There was a later pic published where michelle made Obama switch seats with her to increase the distance between the blonde and him.

skyeyez9 24

Hellen, or Helle Schmidt is her name I think.

Damnit I was going to say that. #sosad #fuckyou

My thoughts exactly! Michelle, is that you?

What's wrong with it though? They wanted to cherish the moment, it's not disrespectful! ~sarcasm~

maybe they were making you comfortable

By representing their family and being those people taking selfies, embarrassing OP. Wow, so comfortable don't you think?

JMichael 25

Sad when a child has to teach their parents about respect and how to be mature.

Also, I have seen people take pictures at gravesites more times than k care to admit ... some people just want to document everything

I've taken a photo with my brothers grave before, because we used to take a photo together on his birthday, so even though he's gone I carry that tradition on. But at a funeral is just very disrespectful.

I guess they thought Barak Obama did it so it must be okay..?

Then they'd also be killing kids in Afghanistan with drones... I like to think OP would be complaining about that more than funeral selfies.

perdix 29

Why is it wrong? It should be ok unless you're taking the selfie with the open casket in the background while doing a duckface and flashing gangsta hand gestures.

Are you telling me I've been doing it wrong this whole time?

perdix 29

#22, yse, it is a breach of etiquette. However, it turns out to be an acceptable form of proof for bereavement fares and taking time off school and work.

Oh that's weird, this is Exactly like what happened on that show @midnight last night.