By kalisa anteater - 09/06/2013 20:49 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I had to explain to my mother that a lace mini-dress with an obscene amount of cleavage was not appropriate to wear while meeting my boyfriend's parents. She called me an "annoying prude" and said that with my attitude, I don't deserve to have a man. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 307
You deserved it 4 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

michaelm1290 23

* cue a slew of MILF and Stacy's mom comments

Pull the parents aside and tell them she's been off her meds for a while and to not take her seriously.

Comments

She sounds cool. Fun , crazy type (good).

How do you get that from her wearing a dress she shouldn't be wearing??

This sounds like the plot twist of a bad 70s indie movie. Oh, and by the way, I'm am your father. Anyone? No? K, I'll just sit in the corner then...

Sounds like she's "Trying" to get his Parents to not approve of you. I don't think she likes your Boyfriend much, or she's jealous :P

Honestly, I don't understand why people care about stuff like this. Why get embarrassed by someone else's actions when it has nothing to do with you? If I let my mum embarrass me, I'd just constantly be embarrassed and fighting with her to change. Her favourite pastime is telling my friends and boyfriends embarrassing stories about my childhood. There's no point telling her to stop so I just laugh it off. Who's it hurting? OP, don't worry about it, I'm sure his parents know you're not like that and won't judge you by her actions. They'll probably just think "poor kid has a crazy mum" and if they don't want to have much contact with her they don't have to. No big deal.

Actually I think you're wrong here. Stories, jokes and other embarrassing things can be laughed off. The fact that her mother wants to go out looking like an 18 year old is ridiculous. Yes, by all means dress younger but there's certain ways to dress for certain occasions. I think everyone wants both sets of parents to get on to some degree and the fact the her mum could have gone out like that might mean potential awkwardness in the future between both sets of parents. Not only that, it might cause her boyfriend's parents to talk about her behind her back putting her boyfriend in an awkward position.

I still wouldn't care if my mum went out dressed like that. And it doesn't really matter that much if the parents get along, it matters more if the kids get along with the parents. My mum doesn't like my boyfriend or his parents and it doesn't bother me at all because she's not the one that has to spend time with them. And when she says something mean about my boyfriend or his parents, I just tell her to stop. I still think people make things like this into a way bigger deal than they need to be.

And for the record, I never said it was okay for the mom to dress that way; it is definitely ridiculous and inappropriate. All I was saying is since OP can't make her mum change, she shouldn't let it bother her. If I was in her situation I'd just say "oh well, I tried. What can you do?"

Lets just hope it wasn't cold outside

This is only one of very few occasions were a lace mini dress with obscene amounts of cleavage is not ok.

She just wanted to bring all the gentleman to your bf's parents yard with her milk shake. Cougar on the prowl tonight. Watch out for the cubs now if your bf has any younger single siblings at home (depending on their age that is).

DollyDope 17

Mom just wants to find herself a boyfriend too.

Deal with her as they do in eastern Canada. Throw a potato at her head then slam her ******' cupboards!

Let her suit up and make your bf think about what he's gonna get when you are that age!!