By geek - 22/07/2015 03:02 - United States - Lynnwood

Today, I had to explain to my boss that DVI ports are not the same as HDMI ports. When I showed him the HDMI cable, he said, "Oh! You mean USB!" He's an engineering manager. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 748
You deserved it 1 776

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm technologically inept and I still know that an HDMI port is not synonymous with a USB port.

Oh wow. And some good engineers cant find jobs and have to work at walmart for minimum wage.

Comments

Typical dumb boss making a lot of money behavior. Just be polite and explain.

Sounds like you're in line for a promotion one day OP

liquidpwnage 15

This isn't your normal everyday stupid,this is... Advanced stupid.

I pretty sure.. He ends up putting them in wrong holes all the time.. Kudos to him...

I'd love to meet the person who can somehow jam a DVI plug into a HDMI socket... or vice versa.

sounds like Best Buy's Geek Squad. used to be that 6 months of working at Best Buy period (department didn't matter) made you expert enough for you to fix computers, even if you didn't know the difference between a Modem/Router and a Toaster Oven.

FalloutScrolls 25

Sounds like the kind of guy who thinks the DVD tray is a cup holder. (I actually know someone like that)

Oh, it's not a cup holder?! (just jocking)

I could have sworn it was the headphone jack...

bigdfootball97 24

As an aspiring engineer, this makes me lose some pride in the profession.

Trust me when I say managers of engineers don't always know what they are doing

As someone that used to work IT for an engineering firm, I can safely say that they know their job, not how their computer works. I could name plenty of examples of their computer ignorance as well. Out of the ~150 engineers that work in that building maybe 3 or 4 knew how computers work.

This exactly. There are a lot of engineering disciplines, most of which really don't need to know anything about how computers work.