By dilligaf - 27/09/2011 06:22 - United States

Today, I had to choose between staying with my boyfriend and moving out to a better job. I chose my boyfriend. He promptly left me because I didn't take the job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 367
You deserved it 18 527

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cradle6 13

There's some information missing

Lol never commit to something like that unless you got a ring on that finger

Comments

Doesn't sound like you talked it through with him all that well - surely if you have been living with him you didn't have to drop him entirely for the job so he might have had something to say about it all. He probably dropped you for not being committed enough to him to share that sort of decision.

xk75 4

This is exactly the type of decision that requires extensive open and honest discussion, I agree. Ydi op for being too scared/immature to discuss it, or, if you did attempt to discuss it, it's clear your bf shut you down, was evasive, or outright lied, so ydi to pick the idiotic bf over the job. Treat yourself better next time- there are plenty of fish in the sea boyfriend-wise, but at this point, NOT job-wise.

Because you two know what the flying **** is going on with her relationship.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Sometimes a person's true nature doesn't show until well into the relationship. There are usually some indicators or hints, but they're not always clear, and when you already love someone, it's easy to look them over. Then again, OP could just be one of those girls that will do anything just to be in a relationship with someone,regardless of what a dick he is to her.

ShroomsOnAcid 16

Damn how did that get up here? Comment 34 was directed at 26.

tweetbaby14 18

He's her boyfriend, not her husband, life changing decisions don't need to be talked over between them because they are just dating. And I'm confused as to why the hell she chose a man over a job anyway.... People that think they need relationships are such interesting people.

ReynshineCutting 10

Boyfriends can be totally different to different people. To some, it's more than just dating. For those people, it is most definitely something you should discuss together.

ReynshineCutting 10

And yes most people do need relationships. It's human nature. If your one of the few that doesn't, good for you, but most people need them.

jazzybaby179 22

Sounds like you made the wrong choice.

Haha absolutely right. No way I just saw your Bio ( not to sound creepy) but your into Nirvana? What's your favorite song? I like Pennyroyal tea and you know your right.

jazzybaby179 22

Dont worry thats what my bio is for

It should have been a red flag that he wasn't willing to move with you for a better job.

Adman567 9

That's okay, you'll find someone better that will accept you and let u take the job and stay with him as well.

Yes they do except it's called being fired or made redundant..

Technically not leaving you, it's more along the lines of getting taken away :D

What a Dick I guess mixing business with pleasure messed up opportunity

I don't know why you chose him In the first place..

1crabbygirl 10

Mixing business with pleasure means getting involved with a co-worker or doing business with a friend.

sweetheartxoxo88 7

Boyfriends come and go; you should have been looking out for your career. If he really loved you he could have found a way to make the relationship work even if you were not in the same city.

ikickgingers 15
ikickgingers 15
ReynshineCutting 10

Well usually there's a boyfriend in there somewhere that becomes a husband so they don't all come and go. OP may have thought he was the one and you would do pretty much anything for your soul mate.