By nerdsgetmehot - 18/06/2012 16:05 - United States - Oregon City

Today, I had my blood drawn for a lab test. I was then given a container so I could give a urine sample. In the middle of peeing, I got woozy, started blacking out, and hit my head against the wall. A nurse discovered me with my pants down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 252
You deserved it 2 283

nerdsgetmehot tells us more.

So...A little back story. I went to the doctor to get tests because I often feel faint and dizzy in the mornings and it's quite an inconvenience. Just last week, when I took my cat to the vet, I ended up starting to black out randomly. Pretty embarrassing and obviously super inconvenient, as I had to drive home afterwards and was doubtful about whether or not I was okay enough to drive home. I get to the verge of fainting often enough to concern me. I've gotten a few tests over the years, but my doctor remains largely unconcerned about it. She thinks it's just my very low blood pressure, but I do everything I can to help that. I drink lots of water, eat salty snacks, and never get up too quickly-- but it doesn't help. So, ironically, I ended up fainting at a doctors' appointment to look into why I keep almost fainting. To answer some frequently asked questions: No, the nurse wasn't "impressed." I'm a female. Also, I think me lying on the floor immobile kind of killed the mood.

Top comments

dont worry nurses have seen everything..

47: I think "urine trouble" was a pun for "you're in trouble"...

Comments

olpally 32

Sounds legit... At least it wasn't some random guy that saw you... It could always be worse op, just remember that.

Sarah_moustache 9

What does that have to do anything with this FML?

peachesncreem 21

Don't worry op, us nurses have seen almost everything. You wouldn't be the first person he/she picked up off a bathroom floor.

iseyixes 18

They usually give you a juice after...too bad

Not here, they don't... Unless you're -giving- blood. I don't think taking a couple vials of blood requires juice immediately afterwards, like giving blood does.

53- the "log off" button is located at the top of your screen.. good night!

83- if you don't like rofl-whatever's comments, stop commenting. Just thumb her down. Stop being such an ass.

Sounds like urine trouble. *gets shot*

The person that shot you must've been piss-- *gets captured by angry mob, publicly stoned, then burned at the stake*

The mob must have send by Wiz Kha.... *chainsawed*

flashback.miss 28

Oh you poor thing. Well, she's a nurse so pretty sure she's seen worse things and was more worried about helping you and will hopefully forget it soon enough...And it was only your pants right? RIGHT??

peachesncreem 21

OP never said the nurse was female.

125 yes she did actually. She actually posted on her own thread.

peachesncreem 21

Sorry :D I didn't see OP comment. My point is still valid because aOp aposted after 23 ?

olpally 32

Someone needs to learn how to read better... *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

Bonzer 2

26- better luck with your joke next time.

TheIchiban 11

If you were fasting for the blood draw, I think they should have told you to rest a bit before getting up again.

Science, deity, heist, heir, and neither...just pointing out how stupid that "rule" is

peachesncreem 21

71 hypoglycemia is a low blood sugar level. It's just called a blood glucose test when they draw blood :)

#28 Even though I wasn't fasting for the blood test, they did make me rest a bit before getting up. I still fainted. Ironically, I got the blood test because I tend to faint or almost faint quite a bit.

Helldemon 32

Ouch nerds, sorry to hear that.