By emydoll - 28/04/2014 03:28 - United States - Honolulu

Today, I had just sat down in the lobby of my doctor's office when my phone alerted me that I had a friend request. I checked; it was from some girl from high school. I muttered to myself, "I don't want to be your friend." I then heard a gasp. She was sitting across from me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 269
You deserved it 48 079

emydoll tells us more.

I probably should have made a few things clear first, this girl was a total bitch in high school and made fun of me daily. So you can imagine how surprised I was in that horribly awkward situation.

Top comments

Can't blame you. No way you could have predicted that. But maybe you should check your phone less and look around you more.

Comments

Did you accept her friend request after?

1. I think OP pressed declined while muttering 2. If number one was correct then I doubt the girl would send another 3. If OP sent a friend request the girl would probably decline. Silly silly question

sproutlet 5

Why would you think this was a FML? FHL more like!

Anyway, why wouldn't she come and say hello in person if she saw you sitting there ? !!

The girl might be shy and too scared to talk to OP in person.

Is that some band I haven't heard of? Damn I'm getting old...

Sends you a friend request on Facebook and doesn't bother actually conversing with you in person when you're right there? Righto.

she probably wanted to see op would accept the friend request, before striking a conversation.

#21 apparently high seeing as it happened to OP.

#85, Just because it happened, doesn't mean the odds were high. If I won the lottery tomorrow, would you say the odds of that were high also? No, I didn't think so...

avapaige1234 19

You didn't see that coming did you? What happened next then?

the muttering it out loud part is why I also pressed ydi alongside yls

#24 OP doesn't have to imagine it since it actually happened.

I think we need more info before judging this one. Was said girl a bitch to the OP in school or not? That's the missing piece.