By Julie is in pain - 06/07/2012 17:11 - Australia - Rydalmere

Today, I had eight teeth removed in preparation for getting my braces fitted. My winter break will now consists of barely being able to sleep or eat, tasting blood, and looking like a goofy-ass chipmunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 162
You deserved it 2 460

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Poor love :( I've been exactly where you are right now. Trust me it'll all be worth it when you're finished with your braces and have a beautiful smile!

Look on the bright side OP, isn't it better to go through this over a break versus school? At least you don't have that to worry about that at the same time.

Comments

I feel for you there on the braces aspect. I couldn't eat or drink most of the stuff I enjoy now. And the pain sucked, as by the time there was no pain left, it was time to get them adjusted; so it went back to pain

Mearemoi 14

I feel half of your pain; I had to get 4 teeth pulled out for my braces. But on the brighter side, at least you'll be getting a beautiful smile in a couple of years, and the misery of being practically unable to eat or sleep will be in the past! Hope you feel better soon :)

Mearemoi 14

On another note, did you pull all of the teeth in one go? It's better to pull them out on one side first, and then pull the rest out next time. You can at least chew on one side if you do this.

This only affirms my belief that dentists and orthodontists are all evil sadists who enjoy nothing more than inflicting pain on you, both physical and mental.

Mine firmly believes in never removing teeth for braces. I feel lucky to have had him as my orthodontist and get no teeth removed - the only downside is braces are worn for 8 to 10 years. I suppose teeth removed or a long time wearing braces, either way it's a drag to go through the process of having perfect teeth.

CyNommy 4

I had to get eight teeth taken out before I got my braces as well. I hope they gave you the good stuff. and blended chicken soup is awesome. Trust me.

puertoricanjoy 6

Am I the only one that sees that this says "winter break" in the middle of summer.....?!

I was waiting for someone to point that out. I'm very confused.

It currently is summer due to it being July.

ch00k 5

I suppose it hasn't occurred to you that here in Australia, it could possibly BE winter?

jmar411 12

You all are ignorant jerks, OP is Australian therefore OP lives in the southern hemisphere making it winter...

I meant to say it's currently winter, is there any way to edit that?

I saw it too and was wandering if anyone else noticed. I dunno, maybe its winter on their planet. Lucky bastards!!!

You're a moron, everywhere below the equator is winter right now, that's how it's always been. I'm 22, from Texas and i've known about this since I was a small child. look it up or go back to school.

God damn Americans think there's nothing outside America

Goddamned judgemental Australian twat generalising about people when he clearly has his head so far up his ass he can taste his own esophagus... Yes myusername23, I'm talking about you. The second commenter on this thread (who thought it was only summer in July) is Canadian. So **** you AND your generalisations.

jaredofmo 22

I have a friend I e-mail regularly in Australia. He occasionally mentions the seasons. Befriend overseas people and learn a lot! (That is if your social studies text books in school sucked.)

FreshSalad 1

It's winter in Australia dumbass

Australia. Never been but seasons aren't always the same as where you live.

Blake, did you just say on their planet? Really?

turdontoast 8

How the hell do grown adults not understand that on the other side of the equator, it's the opposite season? I learned that in 1st grade.

lenamartinovic 13

I was waiting to see who'd be stupid enough to ask this question. And just a quick FYI, my sister is 9 and knew since pre-primary that when it's summer here (NH) that it's winter in SH.

I feel your pain. I just got my wisdom teeth pulled and all I've done for the past two days is throw up blood :/

hockeyoceancity 13

Damn you must have had a bad surgury... I had tree wisdom teeth pulled and it didn't hurt, only alittle bloody when i talked too much.

I look like a chipmunk :/ people can't stop laughing at me.

ThatsJustGreatxx 4

bitch plz... I've had worse done to my penis!

What are you talking about? It's the middle of summer!

TheVelocirabbit 10

It's winter in Australia because they're in the southern hemisphere. Listen to your teachers in school, instead of doodling.

See.. I didn't get it either.. So basically the holidays are all screwed up..??

Ins0mau 20

10 We have summer AND winter holidays here.

Bright side? By the end of all this, your teeth will look amazing (:

Would you rather have them teeth removed during the school year? Cheer up, at least you can hide in your own cosy bedroom for now...til it gets any better.